Chapter Forty

AIDEN

"I'll give you anything you want, love, just name it,"

It was probably the excitement of Nicole accepting my proposal, but I didn't care. Even if this was an arranged marriage, she deserved more than what she was getting out of it.

My anticipation was more than I expected. This was the first time Nicole would make a big request from me. What was Nicole going to ask for?

"I want Stark Industries to myself. All of it," she said.

A few seconds of silence passed through our conversation. Of all the things I thought up, my father's company was not one of them.

"Done," I replied without thinking.

There was no need to think about it. I made up my mind to destroy the company, but if Nicole wanted it, I would give it to her as an engagement present.

"Aiden, I just asked for your family's business. Aren't you going to ask why I want it?" She asked.

"I'd give ZEN to you if you could handle it," I replied.

"But why? Do you want to marry me that badly?"

"Nicole, I know we started out on the wrong foot. Even now, we can't have a normal relationship because of our families. I promise to take care of you,"

Nicole went silent again. Was my answer not sufficient for her? I had so many questions, but now that she accepted my proposal, I could only think of one thing.

"Nicole, have you changed out of your dress yet?" I asked.

"No, not yet,"

"Good, wait for me. I'll be there soon.

She tried to argue, but I didn't give her a chance to. I tapped on the screen of my car to end the call, then I used the nearest upturn to get back to her.

It hadn't been over ten minutes since I left her house. My car still smelled of her essence and the memories of what we'd done was everywhere.

I couldn't deny that I wanted more, but I had to remember why I was here. Protecting Nicole comes first.

When I got to the nearest traffic light, I used the opportunity to call the men at my house.

"Is Mia back?" I asked.

She told me she was going over to Jessi's and I thought it was a good idea. For her safety, she had to disappear for a little and she could only interact with the people in our circle.

"No sir," the guard replied.

"I need four of you to come to the location I'm sending you,"

As soon as I sent the message, the traffic light went green. I stepped on it and continued driving.

"Be there as soon as you can," I added and ended the call.

I thought about calling Jonas or even waiting for his help, but I know he had his problems to worry about. This was the only thing I could do for her now.

In a matter of minutes, I was back at Nicole's house trying to convince the security it let me through. When they refused, I set the gear in and drove over anyone who tried to stop me.

As soon as I could park my car in front of the building, I jumped out of the car, leaving the engine running. It would take a way for them to get here, but I have to do my best to break her out.

I expected the security to have guns, but I believed Mrs. Banks wasn't stupid enough to shoot at her own daughter. Ignoring the wild thumping in my chest, I marched forth the front door and banged it till someone came to open the door.