Chapter Sixty-One

NICOLE

Time flies when your friends plan your daily affairs every day. In two weeks, my wedding and elite party/ reception were planned and ready to go. Some people take months to plan their wedding.

If you told me one year ago that I would be getting married to the love of my life, I would have laughed in your face and maybe poured a cup of beer on you.

However, my wedding to Aiden Stark did not seem as stressful as coding for a week straight. The entire process was fun because I had Mia Jessi and occasionally Oliver assist me. My bond with Oliver was a lot closer when he showed me some of his artworks.

I was very surprised he worked for a gaming company since he would be making millions as an artist. When I pointed it out, he said he was thinking about it.

After the launch of our game, I hope he will stay and stop running away from Jonas because those two were perfect together. Occasionally, Aiden showed up at our planning events to help, but I wish we spent his free time doing other things.

The ladies were charged with the entire event while Aiden, Jonas and Halo had been keeping a hush on what they were planning for the honeymoon. They would disappear at the same time for days too.

I knew this because Oliver would show up randomly to hang out with me whenever Jonas was gone. Their behaviour made me suspect something was going on.

After we won, everyone had gone back to their houses, including Mia, who got connections from Jonas to pitch her first film. It was two days before my wedding and my groom and his best man were no were to be found.

"Can we watch Goblin again?" I asked, sulking on the couch.

"We watched it yesterday," Oliver reminded me.

"I know, but they have more romance in their life than me who's getting married,"

"The goblin had a sword in his chest that could only be removed by his lover, and he was expected to die when the sword was removed. That's sad Nicole,"

He was teasing me, but I was bored. We have watched several episodes of dramas with nothing else to do. Oliver suggested we go out, but I was too tired from going out to check wedding things.

The worst part was that I wasn't allowed to work until after the honeymoon and Aiden's phone wasn't going through.

"Do you know where they went to?" I asked, jumping up from the couch. "Aiden hasn't come home for days,"

"Jonas isn't back yet either," he replied and I sank back in frustration.

"Why won't you tell me where they are?"

"Are you afraid Aiden won't show up for the wedding?"

"I'd kill him if he doesn't. I have to go on a girls' trips for my bridal shower tonight. Is it so bad if I miss him a little,"

"So you miss him,"

"Shut up," I threw a small pillow at him.

Oliver laughed at me before his face turned serious. When Oliver was with me, he tried to be happy and optimistic, but I would occasionally find a glimpse of his melancholy side. This is probably the side of him Jonas knew best.

"I'm so nervous and I'm not even getting married," he said.

"Did you guys sort things out?"

"If you're asking if we're back together, the answer is yes, but you it's Jonas and his line of work isn't exactly normal. I fully support him, but I'm still afraid of his family, plus I can tell he doesn't fully trust me yet,"