Chapter Twelve

NICOLE

Monday morning.

I wasn't supposed to be here, but Harvey made sure that I showed up for work at the office. I got ready to use the subway extra early because I could barely sleep. 

When I woke up alone at 2 am, I was scared I'd gotten used to sleeping with Aiden. That only happened once. I wanted to sleep with him because I wanted to forget my ex and it actually worked because I barely thought of him now.

Instead, my mind was analysing different lewd scenarios of Aiden and Diana. Why did their relationship bother me so much?

It wasn't just because Diana was too pretty to be just a friend to Aiden. She was touchy with him yesterday, and that only means one thing.

They had sex.

"You've been staring at that screen for ages without typing a single character," Jessi whispered from behind me.

I jumped up in my seat, startled by the surprise.

"Hi Jessi," I greeted.

She smiled at me and pinched my cheeks lovingly. Jessi was such a comfortable person to be around. The more I spent time around her, the more attached I would get.

"I thought you weren't going to be at the office for about two weeks?" I asked.

"Harvey called me in too. We need to have at least one meeting with the designer. I heard his coming all the way from Japan," she smirks.

"You know him?" I asked.

"I'm not the only one who does,"

"Why do you seem so excited then?"

"I don't know, something tells me things at Zen are about to get interesting,"

Jesus was right. From the second I walked into the office building, I could tell things were different. The employee walked around faster, even though it was just 9 in the morning. They seem to all be in a rush.

Today was a big day for the game project. It was going to be the first official team meeting. I had to put Diana away from my thoughts because I had just agreed to be Aiden's sleep partner.

If he wanted to date her, he was free to do that. I could still be his sleep partner without having sex with him. But what would I do if she used to be his sleep partner? What if he leaves me for her?

It would be good for my office reputation, but I was losing my mind.

"You just sighed again," Jessi noted.

"I did?"

My hands scattered on my desk to reach for non-existing files to pretend I was busy. But Jessi dragged my church and turned it around to face her.

"Spit it out. I might be able to help," she said.

"It's nothing really," I tried to shrug it off.

"Is it Aiden? Did that idiot do something to you?" She frowned

"Jesus no Jessi,"

I sighed.

"It's not really him," I said. "We went to the hospital, and we saw this girl on our way out. She's so perfect, and it's a little intimidating,"

"Diana?"

My eyes widened.

"You know her?" I asked. 

"How could I not? She clung to Aiden throughout high school,"

"They went to high school together?"

"Honey, they went to kindergarten together," Jessi laughed. "Our families are friends. They have been since before I was born."