Chapter Seventeen

JONAS

For the first time in my life, I got to understand what it means to be Aiden. I had difficulty sleeping, knowing that Oliver was right next door. How dare he show his face to me after all these years? He was the worst, and I wish I could show him how much I hated him.

Three years ago, I swore to kill him if I ever met him again, but I had to hold in my rage until the game was complete. After business is complete, I would kill him before he dreams of running back to Japan. For now, I punched my rage into the spy we caught a few days ago.

Even after giving him special treatment, he still refused to talk. With everything that's happening right now, the last thing I needed was pressure from Mrs Calisto. I had to have something good to tell her before Monday.

"If he doesn't talk by tomorrow night, get rid of him," I instructed my men.

"Yes boss," they replied.

I wiped the blood from my hand and walked out of the room with the man screaming in agony. Whatever happened to him was out of my hands now. My men would take care of the rest. I went home, but I still couldn't enjoy my weekend because I had so much paperwork to read through.

The work piled up for days and my anger toward Oliver wasn't helping. I started reading and taking notes until I eventually passed out from exhaustion.

The next morning, I prepared for work calmly, hoping that today would be better. I checked my work phone and saw that there was no news from the men. Our suspect must be dead by now. I texted Mrs Calisto to let her know we'd hit a dead end.

There was so much to be done today, but I had to fit something to appease her into my day. It was between getting the deal she's been craving or attending a dinner with the girl she mentioned last time. I decided to go with the latter and picked up my phone.

On my way out of my apartment, I hoped I would run into Oliver anywhere until we got to the office. Today was the pitch day for the new game, which means he would be there. I thought about my option to work from home through the project. That was out the window now that he was my neighbour.

I got out of the elevator to enter my car. Danny had already driven the car out for me and was waiting for me by the door. Unfortunately, there was someone else waiting for me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I gritted out in anger.

"Good morning!" Oliver chirped in reply. "Let's go together,"

He looked so fresh and energetic like he had no worries in the world. I was the only one suffering while he had a great life. How dare he smile at me and suggest we go to work together? Did he forget what he did to me?

"Have you lost your mind?" I asked. "Is this why you decided to live here?"

"Are you still mad at me? You can be serious Jonas. We're neighbours and we work in the same buildings. Let's go together,"

I was boiling with rage at this point, but if I wasted time here, I wouldn't make it to the meeting. I had to leave early to avoid traffic. Danny took my anger as a cue to open the door. I walked toward my car and entered the car.

Oliver made a move to join me but I gave him simply looked at him and he shuddered.

"If you take one more step towards this car, I will strangle you to death," I told him.

My tone was deeper than I intended, but he stepped away, knowing I was serious. Oliver was aware of my capabilities. He was friends with us all through college and he knew about my family. Every time I think about our college days, I regret telling him about my family.