//Chapter 11: The Coasts of High Barbary//

You awaken to find yourself upon the familiar shores of the republic. It had been several days of traveling. Luckily, you had landed in a spot obscured by trees so it was unlikely the ship would be noticed for a few days. More than enough time to take care of business. You clutch the necklace, which BPC had decided to give a little boost so you could chat her up at any time. You tell her "I'm here. I've got things to say to the people of the lower city. Perhaps, if all goes well, you might have a cult of personality around you." "I await the republic's destruction only, tool. A legion of followers wouldn't hurt though but not necessary. After all, I have you." Black Pearl replies before snickering and you get back to looking around. 

After an hour of walking through the trees, you are shocked to see a familiar face here. The consul of the republic, wandering aimlessly around in the forest. He sputters out "Ffffuck the elders... Can never make up their damned mind..." You watch his messy walk and slurred speech for a moment, and conclude that he's been drinking quite a lot. You should feel bad for him, clearly some chain of events starting from what you did has caused this. And yet, all you can do is laugh at his plight. He looks in your general direction and shouts "Come on then! I can... take you on... easy!" before tripping over a rock. You contemplate what to do with him, and decide to take him with you as leverage. So you tear off a few nearby vines and bind up the consul's arms, legs, and tethers. You hoist him over your shoulder as he mumbles out "I hope we're going... somewhere fun... it can't be worse than the elders...."

Arriving at the lower city, you dump off Clotted somewhere hidden that you can easily nab him. You then stumble into a merchant and start to talk with them. "Say, this place is a bit of a mess. And the folks in the upper city are living like kings." You say. The merchant replies "Yeah. It could be better, but maybe things will work out." "Why wait for things to get better, when you could make them better." "What are you suggesting, stranger?" The merchant inquires, intrigued. You smirk and smugly state "The upper city is a place of thieving bureaucrats who want nothing more than to live easy. This comes at the cost of the people of the lower city. Why don't we get together and show them the power of the people?" "Hmmmm. You make a convincing argument. But we're just 2 cookies." The merchant tells you. "Then how about this, You gather followers and tell them to do the same. Tell them whatever you have to. Meet me here tomorrow, and bring your recruits with you." "Alright, I will. Viva la Revolution." The merchant says before leaving.

||Meanwhile, in the Upper city||

Financier was having an absolute meltdown. First elder oyster, now this. If Clotted cream didn't turn up soon, things could easily fall apart. Worse yet, it was her duty to protect him. If she didn't find him, she would invariably take the blame and never be heard from again. The upper city yielded nothing of use, so she begins to investigate the lower City. She asks a few of the merchants present, and they point her to the nearby Forested area where somebody like Clotted Cream was seen entering.

She begins to investigate the area, and finds nothing. She begins to get frustrated, then scared because she was losing time. She mutters to herself "This can't be. The Consul could not have gone far. Nothing's gotten in or out of the republic since Elder Oyster Disappeared." She slices a tree down in frustration. It reveals, what else, but your ship. It's Glistening Blackness fading into a darkish blue confusing Financier. It takes her sometime to figure out, but eventually she puts two and two together. "So. Come to take the consul, have you? I won't let you. You can't hide from me forever, Traitor." She said bitterly before speeding off back to the Republic.

//

Look ahead, look-astern Look the weather in the lee!
Blow high! Blow low! And so sailed we.
I see a wreck to windward, And a lofty ship to lee!
A-sailing down along The Coasts of High Barbary!

"O, are you a pirate or a man o' war?" cried we.
Blow high! Blow low! And so sailed we.
"O no! I'm not a pirate but a man-o-war," cried he.
A-sailing down along The Coasts of High Barbary!

//