//Chapter 13: Sailboat Malarkey//

A few moments after losing Financier cookie, you panic. She's probably coming back sooner or later with additional help. Then again, this sort of thing could used to rile up the masses. The upper city is intruding on their space. Then again again, this could be the death knell for this revolt. Before you think any further, Black Pearl decides to contact you.

"On the rocks about choices, aren't you tool?" She asks, a certain air of smugness in her voice. "Y-yes... I have a situation with a few troublemakers that could ruin my plan." You reply sheepishly. Black pearl merely Snickers and says "Then just deal with the troublemakers before they make trouble. You're a resourceful one, tool. You can figure it out."

You ponder your options. Soon, several paths become clear to you. Perhaps, you could trap financier in the mud. Or maybe you get revolutionaries to deal with her. Or even, framing her for the crimes. But eventually, you come to one simple solution. Of course, it was so simple. A Rag and a bottle of Chloroform would do. What works for Oyster will work for Financier. It wasn't going to be easy as last time but It was certainly a better option than the others. You quickly formulate a plan to ambush financier later that evening. And you had the perfect bait.

|| A few hours later... ||

You finished tying clotted cream with the new ropes you had bought. The vines wouldn't have held for much longer anyway. He snarks "If you're going to do what I think you'll do, it's not gonna work. Financier is smarter than you give her credit for." You give him a great big side eye and tell him with a most devilish tone "It's her duty to protect you. She has to come here, lest she lose everything. And to think, she's only come looking in the first place because you decided to have a little bit of the feel good liquid. You've only yourself to blame." You leave the room with a confident smirk plastered on, Clotted had only himself to blame for this whole mess.

You check the rest of the building. You had gotten a few of the revolutionaries here to assist with Financier's support. Tonight, Financier. Tomorrow, the republic. You hide away near the room you just emerged from and waited silently, quietly laughing to yourself.

Moments later, Guess who busts in the door. Financier immediately shouts "This is the place! Find the consul, and our traitor if possible!" The small group of paladins soon file in after her. Their first and most fatal mistake is splitting up. You give the signal to the revolutionaries to pick off the paladins one by one but do note to leave financier alive. They soon follow through on this request.

After a brief few minutes, Financier is on her own. With zero knowledge of what her team is doing she stumbles upon a strange room. She hears some familiar murmuring. Upon opening the door, she finds clotted cream quietly moping to no one in particular. He notices her and instantly bore a fearful facade. "What are you doing here?!" He asks. Financier replies "Rescuing you, that's my duty." "You don't get it! This was all a ruse! Get out of here, before-" clotted tried to say.

You leap on Financier's back, right hand wrapped other body and left hand, with the chloroform soaked rag, over her mouth. She immediately tries to buck you off. You hold on tightly though. Her frantic and panicked movements wind up with a box striking you on the head. You keep hold ing on, and this proves to be a detriment when you and financier trip and fall down a small flight of stairs. This briefly knocks you to the ground, allowing financier to try to recover. She tries to take you out with a slash of her sword but you dodge it, barely being grazed on the cheek. You pounce right on her and press the rag down on her mouth. She struggles against you, trying to knock you off. But eventually, the fight in her is subdued and she goes out like a light bulb.

||Moments later||

Financier awakens to find herself in quite the sticky situation. Her arms and legs are bound up and her sword is nowhere in sight. She looks to her right and sees clotted cream in a similar situation. "I... I tried to warn you..." He says, despair in his voice. Financier tries to break free, but no such luck. After a few moments of struggle, you appear. With a grin plastered on your face and a condescending tone of voice, you tell her "Couldn't see a trap this obvious, could you? I wonder why they put you in charge of the consul. I hope you two have fun in here while I get up to some... Civic restricting we'll put it. So for now, Ciao." You then leave, with financier sinking her head in Shame as you close the door.

//

Please tell me, what is this sailboat's name?
The sailboat Malarkey.

Tell me now what is this good boat's name?
It's the sailboat Malarkey.

Well now, me boys, we are bound out to sea!
In the sailboat Malarkey.

O when will Caroline come down to me?
In the sailboat Malarkey.

//