//Chapter 23: Haul Away Boys//

You awaken to find yourself in a familiar ship hold. Looks like the necklace trick worked after all. It was quite bold, considering that you could easily have met your end by falling onto water from that height, and not the least bit rational or sane. But it seemed those qualities were what BP liked about you. Your sheer crazed determination to defy the odds with whatever was nearby. And perhaps it was her own kind of craziness that you liked about her. Seldom do you ever meet someone who can hold a grudge for as long as she had.

But right now, you were now beholden to a most wondrous sight.  It was Black Pearl, of course, but she was different. The Shell on her chest was gone, revealing much more now though not being fully revealing. Her Obsidian colored crown of spikes now floated above her head and her normally long hair was tied into a neat little bun. Coupled with a few black roses here and there, this new outfit must reflect a change in the siren. Why else would she change this drastically during your absence?

"Hello, Tool. I take it everything went well in that land?" She inquired, each word rolling off her cruel lips like music to your ears. "As far as we're concerned, the Dark Enchantress knows nothing of us. She will be easy to take out." You reply, giving a confident smirk. "That's good, tool. It means we will not have to split our focus in the immediate future." She said, her voice trailing off to slight concern. You notice this subtle change and ask "Is there something going on? I want to help if possible. You know I care about you."

Black Pearl ponders this inquiry for a moment. You were essentially asking her to divulge the fact she knew about a group that could feasibly take her down, even with her powerful magic candy, and was planning to do so very soon to a mere cookie.  But then she recalls back to all the favors you had done for her. Kidnapping oyster so she could begin to enact her vengeance. Burning the republic to ash and cinder for her entertainment, even killing captain caviar in the process. You were clearly committed to her, and clearly trusted her enough to ask for a rescue when the situation had called for one. So it definitely seemed that you had gained her trust as well. A hard feat to achieve on one such as black pearl, who vowed to never trust again after that day so long ago.

She eventually speaks, telling you "Alright, I suppose I can tell you Tool." And she proceeds to explain what was described a paragraph ago. "A group that threatens you? I'll do whatever I can to help take them down. I have to, it's the least I could do." You tell her in reply, grit and determination filling your mind. "Tool, please. You have to understand. This isn't those barmy republicans. These feeble cookies are determined and ready to carry out their goal. I don't want you to get hurt trying to take them down." She tells you, a glint of worry in her sea colored eyes. "It was dangerous organizing the takedown of the republic, I took more than a few hits then. Besides, I've burnt every bridge I had just to stay with you. It's either I risk my life to save your's or stand by and watch the one thing I have in my life now suddenly disappear." You tell her, passion putting emphasis on many key words. You heaved a weary sigh and tell her "I love you, and I'll do what it takes to keep us together. And if that means risking my life, so be it. Neither rain, nor thunder, nor fire shall get between us."

Black Pearl looked like she was about to say something, but sounds from outside interrupted the conversation. It looked like this group she was talking about was here sooner than she thought. You quickly run up to the top deck, and see the thoroughly fucked situation you two were now in. A fleet of warships surrounded the place, each decked out in weapons you or BP had never seen before. A closer look revealed towards the back was a massive Man o' War that seemed to be commanding the fleet. With an old spyglass, you quickly saw Oyster at the helm, with Clotted Cream and Financier at her sides. But you were quickly interrupted by gigantic black tentacles surrounding the ship. Looks like sea fairy had brought in some friends of hers. 

This was gonna be a hard battle, even for the both of you together. It was gonna take some serious determination and luck to take down this menace against you. Will the power of love prevail against all odds? Or will all your actions and sacrifices up to this point have been for nothing?

||To be continued in the next chapter||

//

Oh, Haul away for the windy weather, boys
Haul away, boys, haul away
Oh, Haul away and pull together boys
Haul away, boys, haul away

Haul away and let's get'er goin' boys
Haul away, boys, haul away
Haul away for the merchants' money boys
Haul away, boys, haul away

//