//Chapter 6: Leave Her, Johnny//

You awoke in your bed. You looked at the light seeping in through the window, not quite used to it after being in the Duskgloom sea for so long. You saw no point in delaying what you had to do. But how would you get elder oyster? She wasn't going to come willingly for the immediate future and you doubted that Black Pearl Cookie was one to wait for long. As you got up and slipped on your robes, Oyster Cookie herself came to check on you. She asked "Y/N, dear, did you sleep well? You were in your quarters all day yesterday." You reply "I slept fine. I was just going over my things, seeing what I liked and didn't like and so on." You paused for a bit, then got an idea for how to kidnap Oyster cookie and get on course to the duskgloom sea in one day. "Hey, later this evening, I'd like to meet at the docks to discuss my transfer to house caviar." You say. Oyster raises her eyebrow, confused, but then says "I'm sure we'll be able to work something out so that both Houses benefit. As we often say 'It's not a deal if the profit isn't mutual.'"

With a plan in motion, you needed to gather the materials. You grabbed your purse, it's many pockets filled to brim due to your connections to the ever profitable house. You took to the vast markets of the city, hoping to get something that would give Oyster a nice long nap, long enough so that you could get out of there in time. You ran into a local pharmacist, figuring that you'd take the tried and true method of chloroform and a rag. You asked him "Hey, Do you have any chloroform? A friend of mine needs it for something." The pharmacist replies "I sure do, that'll be 2000 coins per bottle." "I'll take 2" you say as you hand over the coins. Now with the tools to commit the deed, you just needed to figure out your escape route.

You arrived at the docks, and began to take a look at how you could get away. There was an Oyster Trade Sloop docked, likely having just returned from a business run. It'd be the quickest option, but almost the most obvious as Oyster Ships don't just leave without first announcing departure. Coupled with the sudden disappearance of Elder Oyster, it wouldn't take long for the republic to catch on. There was also the Silent. It often made runs during the night so it wasn't a surprise to see it missing. But it was slower and would be harder to maneuver with only you. Thus, you figured the sloop was your best option. You quickly gathered your things, as well as rope for obvious reasons, and waited.

(Later that Evening)

After waiting what seemed like an eternity, Oyster Cookie finally arrived. She said "Sorry I'm late, dear. I was talking with Captain Caviar over what to do with you. He seemed glad to let you in." You replied "Wonderful. Maybe now I'll be in a place I truly belong. I always respected the pursuit of profit, it made for interesting talk." Oyster stepped closer and asked "Are you sure you want to switch houses? It's not like republicans to do this. One does not simply change their fate." You step off to the side and confirm "Yes, this is what I want to do. I am not the right fit for house Oyster. My talents will serve me much better under House caviar." Oyster steps forward and gazes out onto the docks. She sighs and says "I understand. Tomorrow, I shall inform Captain Caviar of your choice."

Now was the perfect opportunity. Oyster had her back turned, nobody else was around, and the Sloop was still there. You pull out a rag and douse it in the chloroform. "You seem rather tired, Miss Oyster." You told her. "I am a little tired, but I'm attending a party this evening. I have to appear to make House oys-" She was cut off. You wrapped your left arm around her arms and your right hand with the rag covered her mouth. She obviously struggled, not knowing why you were doing this. After a minute or two of this, she struggles less and less until eventually she falls limp, unconscious for the next long while.

You had no time to waste. Anyone could come at any moment and blow this whole plan open in an instant. You quickly hoisted the unconscious oyster over your shoulder and headed straight for the sloop. It appeared to have been stockpiled with food and other necessities, evidently it would be heading out sometime soon. You leapt aboard, set down Oyster Cookie, and began the process of getting the ship out to sea. Once more, It came to you quite naturally. Perhaps you weren't meant to be in House Oyster in the first place? Once you were away and the Sloop's Sail began to take in the wind, you plotted the course to the duskgloom sea mostly from memory. After getting a good distance away from the republic, you grabbed the rope you had brought and bound up Oyster Cookie nice and tight. She wasn't going anywhere, just how Black Pearl wanted her. After a bit sailing, you decide to let the ship guide itself while you rested for the night.

//

 I thought I heard the Old Man say:
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her."
Tomorrow you will get your pay,
and it's time for us to leave her.

Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her.

//