//Chapter 22: Padstow Farewell//

You awaken to a banging sensation in your ears. It was painful to say the least, it was like agony incarnate had decided to thrash you around while you slept. You could barely muster the strength to move your arms to grab the day's paltry breakfast, even then it took several minutes. 

A feminine voice, lathed with cruelty and contempt, spat at you with "Finally. You awaken. Your mind is much stronger than your physical form lets on." You recognized that tone of voice all too well, your mistress employed it when you two had first met. Yet when you looked, you could tell that the speaker was anything but alike to Black Pearl.

Her Ruby Red Robes dressed her neck to feet, it's intricacy emphasized with very similar looking jewels. Her red hair was tied into two tight buns prominent on either side of her head. And her face, it was like hatred given true form with how uncaring it appeared. Whoever this was, they were someone you knew used their reputation more than anything else.

"What do you want? I already told my previous owner everything I knew." You comment, practically spitting out the words as you bite down on some rather unsavory jellies. "I don't believe you. You know more than you're letting on. I will not stop until I know everything that you know." She snaps at you with, her patience seemingly nonexistent. Your eyes widen, and you tell her again "I told you all what I know. The siren isn't letting me in on the details either. In a sense, you and I are no different. You're just a pawn for your master, like me. But at least mine has more than half-hearted respect."

The cookie responds by immediately using her magic on you. Your mind and body were in great pain but you had become used to this, for Black Pearl had done far worse for those 2 weeks before you gave in. This continues for minutes on end, with the cookie's frustration at your unyielding mind growing every second. In fact it amused you, to the point where you started laughing. And that, if anything, made the cookie even more furious.

Eventually, the cookie decided to step into the cell with you. Your cackling made it hard to hear but you could barely make out "You think you're so clever by resisting. I will have what I want. I will please my master." "No, I don't think you will anytime soon." You interject as you headbutt the cookie to the floor and immediately dash out to find an escape.

Along the way, as you bob and weave around the many monsters that roam these halls, you find your trusty sidearm once more. You quickly grab it and keep running. Right now, you had a lot of things snapping at your heels so you just kept going. Going. Going. Gone. You took a wrong turn and ended up at a balcony dead end. Being cornered by the monsters and the general you saw yesterday, you had to think fast.

"Very Impressive. But sadly, for naught." He said as he used his monster arm to try and grab you. But you had a plan, for you saw a river to the sea below. With a clutch of your necklace, you took the long fall down into the water. Right before the killing impact, a giant hand grabbed you and carried you across the sea to a distant place. To say it left the enchantress's forces dumbfounded would be an understatement.

//Elsewhere(don't worry, I'm almost done setting up//

While the ancients themselves could not be present, they did each send a sizable number of helpers. With Oyster at the helm of this operation, Black Pearl would most certainly be no more. Sea Fairy calmly stated "Victory is most assured if all is in our favor. I can only hope that the tool fades away for their sake." "I do not know about you, but I'm going to pay them a visit when we're done with black pearl." Clotted Cream replied, honing his skill with magic. Oyster came back after instructing everyone on how to defeat the black pearl. "We are all set, we just need to take the fight to her." "Indeed. For earthbread's sake, she must be stopped." Sea Fairy added. Whatever happened next, it was going to be a clash for the ages.

//

It's time to go now,
Haul away your anchor,
It's our sailing time.

Get some sail upon her,
Haul away your halyards,
It's our sailing time.

//