//Chapter 10: Homeward Bound//

You step aboard the ship you stole what seemed like so long ago. You figured it was time for a change of appearance. Out with the dull silver of house oyster, in with a nice glossy black. Seemed your handler agreed, appearing to shift it's appearance with her magic. You whistle, taking in the new beauty of it. This wonderful ship, all for you. And Black Pearl agreed, but not enough to not pick you up and throw you aboard. She cackles wildly and states "I'm sorry, tool! I couldn't resist! Ah Ha Ha ha ha!" You merely dust yourself off and say "Not to worry. I am but a humble tool for you to enact your desires." "As you should, Tool. And right now, seeing the republic burn is what I desire. Go. Make it so, tool." She says, casting a wave to set you off on your journey.

You cast out the sail and take out a telescope you had grabbed. You quickly chart a course to get to the republic without attracting attention. The issue now was figuring out a way to take down the republic. There was no doubt that Black Pearl would watch. You think and think. Eventually, you come to a realization. The lower city is still massively unequal to the upper one. You figure that with a silver tongue, you could easily incite a revolt and tear the republic apart from the inside. With this plan in mind, you grab a nearby piece of paper and start writing down things to say as well as the beginnings of a speech you would deliver in future. After about 2 straight hours of writing, you decide to get some rest for the day.

||Over at the Creme Republic||

Clotted Cream was assessing the republic's finances when Custard cookie barged into his office. Clotted immediately had a knee-jerk reaction and asked "What is the meaning of this?! Can't you see I'm doing what's best for the republic!" "You should be doing what's best for house custard, boy. And what's best for House Custard is upping how many guards are present." Custard snapped back with. "Father, is Financier Cookie not enough to keep myself safe? I hope she is, I'd hate to wonder what's wrong otherwise. Why can't the other elders get paladins of their own?" Clotted Inquired, slamming his pen down on his desk in frustration. "Hmpf. I suppose that is a solution. But the number of paladins in this republic are few. Make the right choice, boy." Custard snapped before slamming the door, leaving swiftly.

The young consul sighs and clutches his temples. This had been going on for far too long. That is to say, any amount of time at all. He's tired of it all. Tired of the Bureaucracy of the convocation getting in the way. Tired of the people in the upper city who paid those less fortunate little thought. Tired of being unable to help the people in the lower city because none of the houses of elders want to pitch in. He contemplates what to do. Then, he thinks of you. Perhaps, you're starting to leave an impression on the young consul, and you've never even met him. He says to himself "Maybe I'm not cut out for this line of work. I can feel years of my life being sapped away with each and every single word that comes out these old fucks mouths." He stands up and grabs a bottle of high proof berry juice. He pops it open and takes a hearty swing of it, trying to drown out the pain of today.

//

Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say?
Goodbye, fare-ye-well! Goodbye, fare-ye-well!
Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say?
Hoor-raw me boys! We're homeward bound!

We're Homeward bound to Liverpool Town,
Goodbye, fare-ye-well! Goodbye, fare-ye-well!
Where all them judies, they will come down
Hoor-raw me boys! We're homeward bound!

//