//Chapter 8: Roll Boys Roll//

You'd been sailing for a few days. Thanks to the small size and fast speed of a sloop, you figured you had at least a 3 day lead over whatever the republic sent your way. Today was the big day, you were coming across islands you knew were close to the duskgloom sea itself. You held your necklace, as if to try and say to Black Pearl "I am here with who you've asked for, your desires shall be fulfilled soon." And right on que, storm clouds rolled in and the wind immediately blew in a peculiar way. The sloop was guided along quite nicely to the sea's center. As you approached ever closer, Oyster's expression changed from that of contempt for you to fear of what was going to happen. Her reaction proved to you that she had indeed done some terrible thing to cause Black Pearl Cookie to be the way she is.

Soon, you were near the sea's center. Oyster Cookie begged you "Please! You don't know what she'll do if she gets her hands on me!" You shoot her a look and tell her "It's a little too late for that. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss a taste of your comeuppance. You've certainly hurt people, not just the sovereign of this place, all in the name of profit." Oyster maintains her fearful look, almost sweating bullets despite the cool weather. Soon, the current had nestled your ship on an island, jerking you and oyster around.

A large splash happened on the port side, nearly knocking the ship over with the massive wave that came from it. You look at the splash's source and get a sense of great comfort. Black Pearl Cookie had emerged in her more famous gigantic size. Her Voice boomed, stating "Well now, my little tool, looks like you aren't a liar. We'll talk later" You blush at the complement. Black Pearl turns her attention to Oyster, who was actively struggling against the ropes. Black Pearl Tells oyster "You took something of mine. Something very important." Oyster tells her "Please. I didn't want to do it. I needed to bring House Oyster prosperity..." BPC snaps back with "At the expense of an innocent mermaid who trusted you?! I lost much because of your greed. And now, I'm gonna show you what it means to lose everything." She grabs Oyster with her enormous hand and pulls her down to the depths. At the same time, the waves take the ship you are on back out to sea. You figure you'll talk later.

(Later that evening)

You had nestled your ship next to the one Black Pearl called her home. You didn't know why she chose an old House Oyster ship until earlier today. Maybe it was a reminder of who hurt her so much, Maybe it was nostalgia, maybe it was both. But you didn't have time to dwell on it. You heard shouting, and looked to the starboard side. Looks like the republic found you, the Silent was near and its crew was all riled up. Knowing that you would be destroyed should they catch you, you quickly weigh your options.

Reaching the conclusion that the only viable option was to leap off the sloop and take your chances in waters, you quickly dash to the other side of the ship and dive right in. You felt your dough start to weaken almost immediately. Cookies were not meant for things like this. On the Silent, one of the crew tells captain Caviar "The mad lad, they've leapt right into the water!" Captain Caviar grumbles, thinking that you've saved them some work. But unbeknownst to them, you had successfully dove under the surface and emerged in the air pocket that the old wreck had. You quickly dried yourself off and searched for Black Pearl Cookie.

As luck would have it, she found you first as she emerged from a sealed off room. She noticed your concerned face and asked "What is it, my little tool? Came to ask for more?" You quickly tell her "It's the republic, they've sent Captain Caviar after-" You were interrupted by a cannonball careening through the hull, nearly hitting Black Pearl in the process."I see. Give me a moment, I shall deal with these intruders soon enough." She then vanishes into the ground, an angered look on her face while she does it. Knowing she would handle it, you find a nice bed and lay down to wait out the coming storm.

Topside, Captain Caviar had shouted "We know you have Oyster Cookie, now bring her to us or we'll open fire for real!" In response, a storm rolled in almost immediately. The Silent was rocked and tossed, with a few of the crew being knocked off. Black Pearl Cookie boomed with "Begone, Intruders! Lest ye all be swept into the briny depths never to see the light of day again!" Captain Caviar shouts back with "Never! We don't fear the sea's clutches, do we lads?" The Crew gave mixed responses, given that some thought the captain was going a little too far. "Seems your crew has commitment issues. I'm more than familiar. I'll help expedite the inevitable mutiny for you." She said, and lightning soon struck the Silent. Another bolt hit immediately after, and another. It was clear she wouldn't survive. With no other choice, Captain Caviar had announced "Get us out of here! I'm not risking my dough for Oyster Cookie in these conditions!"

The Silent left almost as soon as it had come, its crew in a downer mood after being forced to leave the same location twice for similar reasons. You had barely lied down to rest when Black Pearl Cookie came back and moved over to you. "Well, that was fast. Seems like the republic's people really are weak." You said, shuffling around to make space. "Now, I've got another thing to pelt Oyster with. It's gonna be fun in the morning, he he~" Black Pearl Replied, moving once again to be rather close to you. You started blushing again. She could easily kill you right now, a simple snap of the neck is all it would take, and she chooses to get all friendly with you. "Serves her right. I-I've heard that House Oyster has left plenty of people in the dust with barely anything left to their name. I-I-I think that-" She shushes you with her mouth again. With a smug grin on her face, she asks "What's wrong? Is there something about me that gets you all nervous? Is it my... alluring beauty? Or is it my lovely voice? Go on, tell me." You barely manage to stammer out "I-I-I don't know... I j-j-just feel this connection to you..." BP chuckles a little and says "Well, let's find out together, hm?" And without warning she gives you a kiss, tongue in mouth and all. You decide to let it happen, there was no point in resisting. For that is the will of the Duskgloom's Sovereign.

//

Oh! Sally Brown, she's the gal for me boys
Roll, boys! Roll boys roll!
Oh! Sally Brown she's the gal for me, boys
Way high, Miss Sally Brown!

We're bound away, 'way down south, boys,
Roll, boys! Roll boys roll!
We're bound away, 'way down south, boys,
Way high, Miss Sally Brown!

//