//Chapter 9: The Dead Horse//

You woke up in the same place you were yesterday. Seemed Black Pearl cookie had waited until you had fallen asleep before leaving to go do something else. You still remember the experience of kissing her like it was happening. How her pointed and slimy tongue had fun teasing you. How she constantly chuckled at your moans and whines. Perhaps this was a new way of tormenting you for giggles and you just didn't know it. Either way, it felt good to be away from the Republic. Never were one for the crowded city streets and the hustle and/or bustle of the markets, were you? With little else to do, you decide to head to grab a bottle of old wine and headed to the top deck to have a mini celebration.

Upon uncorking the bottle and taking a swig or two of aged booze, guess who decides to join you on the top deck. "I save stuff like that for special occasions, my little tool. Guess you've read my mind, so to speak." She says, looking out over her domain. You hand her the bottle and she takes a hearty drink of it. She gleefully states "Ah~ That's the stuff. Almost brings me back to the good old days. Back before she ruined everything." You notice that Black Pearl didn't immediately get angry at such a thought. "Don't worry, tool. Now that I've got a nice personalized stress ball, I won't bother with anger around you." She said, seemingly reading your mind. You get a bit flustered at such a statement before she giggles and says "Just keep up the good work. We may have given House Oyster what for, but we've still got the rest of the republic. You do wanna help me take it down a peg, right?" She grabs your hand as she asks that last question. You ponder it for a moment before telling her "Yeah, I'm up for a bit of minor civic restructuring as it were. Could be fun." Her dull eyes light up as she hands you the bottle so you can take another drink of the wine. The coming days were sure to be fun ones.

||Sudden Perspective shift over to clotted cream cookie||

To Say the last few hours have been an utter disaster would be putting it lightly. The elders were slinging accusation after accusation over who could've orchestrated such a thing. In fact, it was the only thing they could talk about despite the meeting being called for discussions on what to do about the lower city. After even more pointless bickering, Clotted Cream slams his fist down onto the table and shouts "Will you all shut up?! We're getting nowhere!" "Don't you talk back to me, boy. This is a very serious discussion. If Elder oyster could be nabbed, then who's to say you won't go missing as well?" Custard cookie immediately retorted, anger causing spit to cover his nice attire. "With all due respect, Custard, I called this meeting so that we may discuss how to renovate the lower city. They are citizens of this republic too, and it is our obligation to help them." Clotted Cream explained, clutching his now aching hand. "If you aren't willing to discuss the patently obvious, then I am Out of this meeting." Custard said, promptly leaving the convocation. Clotted Cream merely heaves a heavy sigh before returning to his personal chambers.

Once there, Financier catches up with him and asks "Are you alright? You seemed pretty heated back there." "It's just... This business with elder oyster is all any of these old farts can talk about. We need to help people, not worry about things outside of our control." Clotted Cream said, sitting down to take it all in. "I'm sure they're just worried. Elder Oyster was quite influential, and look what's happened. Custard is right, something like that could happen to you but that's why I'm here." Financier replies, setting her sword down. Clotted Cream merely rubs his eyes as he says "You're right. Which is why it baffles me that elder custard won't stop focusing on this tat. We've got more important things to take care of right now." "Consul, please. I'm sure we'll figure this out soon enough. For now, you should probably rest. It's been a long day." She says, ruffling his hair a bit. With that, Clotted cream decides to follow her advice and clock out for the day.

//

A poor old man Came riding by.
And we say so, And we know so.
O, a poor old man Came riding by,
O, poor old man.

Says I, "Old man, Your Horse will die."
And we say so, And we know so.
And if he dies we'll tan his hide.
O, poor old man.

//