12. Leigh

"I didn't do it Leigh." I stood in front of my girlfriend with my arms outstretched.

"Y/N! It's all over social media!"

"And you believe what you see do you? You of all people believe it?! You don't believe them any other time but today you believe it?!" I started to raise my voice.

"Can you please be quiet?" Leigh-Anne hissed at me.

We were just outside the studio in a corridor where she was working on her new album.

I had been in a relationship with Leigh-Anne for eight months and I fell madly in love with her every single day. Everybody in our social bubbles could see this. Jade, Perrie, her family and even everyone in her professional bubble could see it too. But honestly, Leigh-Anne was insecure. She always had it cemented in her mind that I would leave her, or that I would find someone else, and there had been times where she even questioned me if I actually love her.

I knew that these insecurities came from a previous relationship as I have never given her any doubt that I didn't adore her. And the insecurities in her head got the better of her and spiralled out of control when she clicked onto social media that morning and saw photos of me talking to a random female in the new nightclub I had just attended the previous night.

Her eyes narrowed. "Don't get it twisted! I never believed anything that has surfaced previously because the rumours were about me, they were about Little Mix. I knew that they weren't true! But I wasn't with you last night and you were stood at the bar with this blonde woman and I don't know anything other than those photos and you denying it!"

"I am standing here telling you the truth Leigh-Anne, and you still don't believe me! I've never lied to you! Why would I start doing it now?"

"Just shut up!" Leigh yelled as tears spilled down her face.

Seeing her so upset broke my heart. She turned her back to me and walked away. I couldn't watch her walk away from me.

"Leigh, just stop."

She shook her head as she carried on walking.

"For god sake Leigh-Anne." I ran up to her and took a hold of her arm gently, making her stop. I was centimetres away from her. I could smell her sweet perfume. "What do I have to do to make you believe me?"

"I don't know Y/N."

"It's like you've made your decision before you even let me tell you what happened. At least hear me out first before you go off all guns blazing! Look-" I took a deep breath before I began explaining. I was nervous. I didn't know if Leigh wanted to hear this now but I had to clear my name. "She approached me and asked if I would like a drink and I refused. She was pretty drunk and tried to make a move. I pushed her off me and that's when I knew it was time to come straight back home. That's it. I didn't tell you last night because you were sleeping and when I woke up, you had already come out to the studio. I was about to tell you the second I arrived here but then you had seen those photos first and you got angry with me as soon as I saw you."

Leigh sat on a chair that was abandoned in the corridor. She was nibbling at her thumbnail while I just stood there in silence. I knew she needed these few minutes to collect herself and to try and calm the insecurities in her head. She broke the silence after five minutes had passed.

"You promise me that's the truth?"

"I swear on my life Leigh-Anne. I'd never do anything to hurt you."

"I know." She whispered. And a rush of relief swam through my body. "I don't deserve you." She added as more tears fell down her cheeks. "I'm crazy! Why are you still with me?"

"Hey! Stop that! You're not crazy babe, come on." I crouched down in front of her and pulled her hands away from her face.

"I am crazy. I just stood there and accused you of something you didn't do. Knowing full well what the media is like, knowing full well that you looked uncomfortable in those photos and knowing full well that you wouldn't ever do that to me. I know that when I'm calm and I'm able to evaluate things properly. But when I get into a state of panic, all that information leaves my brain and I start to act irrationally. And that makes me crazy."

"Leigh-Anne, it doesn't make you crazy. It makes you hurt. When something happens like this, it triggers your emotions. It takes you back to when someone else hurt you and your brain tells you that you don't want that to happen again. So you put your walls up and you start to panic. But I'm here through it all. I'm not going anywhere. I will help you through this. I wish I could take all that emotional pain away from you but I can't. What I can do is listen to you, talk you through it, be there for you anytime you need me. I love you Leigh-Anne more than any word could ever describe. You are my everything."

"I love you too babe. Can I have a cuddle?"

"You don't need to ask." I smile as I wrap my arms around her tightly. "I'm right here."