16. Perrie

"Y/N?" I faintly heard Perrie's voice as she was shaking me awake.

I opened my eyes and shot up in bed, beads of sweat ran down my face as I tried to control my breathing. I had just had one of my night terrors. I had been suffering them for a few months since my dad passed. I kept seeing him die all over again in my dreams.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Perrie's voice was full of concern. Her hand resting on my arm, rubbing it gently in a desperate bid to calm me down.

I still felt a little disorientated, looking around the dark room, trying to get myself familar with my surroundings. I rubbed my forehead as I tried to focus on my breathing.

"I- I don't know." I tried to get my words out.

"Another bad dream?"

"Yeah, about my dad."

"I'm sorry baby, I'm right here. It's okay."

I didn't say anything, words weren't forming.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Her voice was calming.

"I'm not sure."

"Look Y/N, maybe you're having these night terrors because you're not really opening up and talking about it."

I sighed in defeat. Maybe Perrie was right but I wasn't ready to talk about it right this second.

"Can we talk about it tomorrow? I promise I'll try."

"Of course babe. I'm not here to force you. I just want to help you. I want these night terrors to stop. It breaks my heart to see you like this."

"I'm sorry Pez."

"Hey stop that. You don't need to be sorry. Nothing is your fault. Come here." Perrie pulled me gently into her. We laid back and my head rested on her chest. I could hear her heart beating and it was enough to calm me down. She pressed a kiss to my hair as she stroked my back softly. "You know, it might not seem like it right now but I promise you everything is going to be okay."

"I hope so."

"It will, I promise. Do you want to try and get some more sleep?"

"I'm scared to."

"I'm right here, I won't let go."

"Okay, yeah... I'll try."

"Okay baby, I promise I'll wake you up if I can feel you having another one. Goodnight babe, I love you so much."

"Goodnight Pez, I love you so much too."