20. Jade

Little Mix were doing an interview with a radio station about their latest album. It was topping the charts and finally the girls got the recognition they truly deserved. The interview seemed to be going pretty well. That was until the interviewer mentioned my name.

"So Jade... how is Y/N?"

"Oh they're great. They're doing really well, thank you."

I was also a successful singer/songwriter and also Jade's partner. I had been in the news lately for taking some time away from music due to my mental health. I was photographed coming out of therapy by paparazzi. And the rumours of mine and Jade's split due to the strain of my mental health managed to reach headlines. The interviewer was trying to get to the gossip sneakily. Even though I was sat in the next room. I could still hear everything that had been said.

"So you guys are still together?"

"Yeah of course we are, we're stronger than ever." Jade tried to smile.

The interviewer lowered her voice. "So the headlines aren't true?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't come here to discuss my private life. All I can say is that they're very important to me and Mixers love them dearly. Y/N is doing well, now can we move on?" Jade shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."

"It's fine. Can we move on now, let's talk about our album." Perrie smiled whilst squeezing Jade's knee in reassurance.

In the other room I was sat trying to contain my anger. I took off my headphones and stood up, walking out of the room to the exit of the building.

I was stood pacing the back alley where the exit of the radio station was for ten minutes. I couldn't contain my rage. My hands were clenched into fists as the anger rippled through me. I didn't know what came over me. I started to repeatedly punch the wall, and I heard a familiar voice screaming in the background.

"Y/N!! Stop!"

Jade had ran out of the building to try and find me and was shocked to see me throwing punches at the brick wall.

"Please Y/N stop!" I could hear concern in her raised voice. Jade grabbed a hold of my arm and spun me around. "Look at me, hey, LOOK AT ME!"

It took me only seconds after Jade shouting at me to stop myself and realise what I was doing. The anger was still swirling around in the pit of my stomach.

"they're right Jade. They're all fucking right."

"Hey no, Y/N stop!" Jade grabbed my upper arms firmly. "The only people who are right are me and you. Fuck everyone else. We're a team!"

I looked into Jade's eyes and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

It took a couple of moments of seeing Jade's distressed face for me to calm down.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You're angry and I understand that. But no one gets to tell me whether you're right for me or not. That's my decision to make. Don't let something like this take you right back to the start and undo all your hard work, you've been doing so well, and I'm so proud of you. I just wish everyone on the outside could see how well you've been doing."

She took a hold of my hand and I hissed in pain.

"Oh my god Y/N, you're bleeding!"

"I'm okay, don't worry."

"No, come on. Let's get you home and I'll clean this up."

"What would I do without you?" I spoke softly, tears welling up in my eyes.

"I don't know but you'll never need to find out. I'm with you until the day I die." She smiled, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

With that, one member of paparazzi found their way to the back of the building and started taking photos of me and Jade together.

She kissed me again and whispered. "That one's to all the doubters in the world. I love you."