6. Leigh

"Wow, she's beautiful." I whispered to myself as I was stood glancing over at a woman dancing seductively.

Jade had invited me to Little Mix's house party because they were celebrating Sweet Melody going to number one. The party was full of people I hadn't met, including the other two members of Little Mix, Perrie and Leigh-Anne. I was close friends with Jade but my anxiety was too high to meet Perrie and Leigh that I always put it off... for ten years. But tonight was the night I was going to step up and support my best friend.

I couldn't stop glancing over at this mysterious beauty who was now laughing and acting silly with a couple of her friends. All I could see was the back of her, as she danced goofily in the dark light. I was completely mesmerised.

"Earth to Y/N." I heard a familiar voice. I looked to the side of me to see Jade approaching me.

"Sorry, I was in my own little world." I chuckled nervously.

"Yeah right, you were stood gawping at Leigh more like." Jade laughed loudly, turning a few heads.

"Is that...?" I trailed off as my face started to drain colour.

"Yup." My best friend popped the p playfully.

I had a crush on Leigh-Anne ever since I was teen, which was one of many reasons why I was too anxious to meet her, and Jade knew this so there was no wonder she was finding this hilarious.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Huh?"

"Go speak to her, you idiot."

"No... I can't... What am I meant to say?"

"Just play it cool. Look, you know her and Perrie have wanted to meet you for so long now. It will be just fine, I promise." Jade rubbed my arm in reassurance.

My best friend took a sip of her drink before she nudged me. "Talk of the devil, look who's coming our way."

I looked in the direction that Jade pointed and I saw both Leigh-Anne and Perrie moving towards us. I could see Leigh's face for the first time in the flesh. I could see her brown eyes sparkling, and a smile painted across her angellic face. All of a sudden I felt very faint, and my hands began to shake.

"Jadey, we were just looking for you." Perrie smiled. "We wondered where you'd got to."

"I was just getting another drink and then I saw Y/N."

"Oh Y/N! Hi!" Perrie seemed excited.

"Y/N this is Perrie and Leigh, obviously." Jade giggled.

"Hey, how you both doing?" I tried so hard to play it cool but Leigh's eyes felt like they were staring into me and setting my soul alight.

"I'm good thank you." Leigh replied sweetly.

Jade gave Perrie a look, then Perrie suddenly said. "Me and Jade need a refill." And she pointed to her drink. She was grinning proudly. "We will leave you two to it." Perrie and Jade then walked off to the kitchen.

"Do you want to sit down somewhere?" I heard Leigh-Anne's voice again.

"Yeah sure." I smiled.

We found a sofa where there was a table so that Leigh could put her drink down.

"So, I've heard a lot about you Y/N."

"Well that doesn't sound very good." I chuckled and then Leigh giggled in turn.

"I heard you were anxious to meet me and Pez."

I gulped loudly. "Um... yeah, I guess I was."

"Well I hope now you see that there was nothing to be anxious about." Her whole demeanour was very calming to me, which made me feel at ease.

"Yeah, I do definitely see that now." I chuckled.

"I was always hoping to meet you in the flesh."

"Why's that?"

"Jade showed me photos of you and well... you're gorgeous." I could sense Leigh-Anne getting shy.

"Do you think so?" I said doubtfully.

"You don't think so?"

I didn't say anything, I just looked down at my bottle of beer.

"Hey, it's okay... it's a hard journey learning to love yourself. But there's nothing about you that you should dislike. Jade tells me all the time you're an amazing person. All the things you do for charity and how you're always there as soon as Jade is down. I've seen it with my own eyes when she's been at work with us and you call her. You do everything for everyone else, you're such a sefless person but you're too hard on yourself."

Still now, words failed me.

"I was so excited when I heard you were definitely coming tonight. That's a huge step and you should be so proud of yourself."

"Yeah I guess so."

"There's no guessing about it." Leigh's hand found my leg and her lips found my cheek. "You really are a great person, don't let your own thoughts doubt that."