10. Perrie

"Shut up Perrie." I pouted playfully as I picked up my phone that had been vibrating on and off for the last twenty minutes.

"I bet it's your secret lover that's calling you and you're not picking up because I'm here with you." Perrie poked her tongue out cutely.

"It's not- I mean I don't have a secret lover." I chuckled lightly. "It's my cousin. She wanted me to go to this big family gathering tonight."

"What? Well why didn't you? They're family, you loser." Perrie giggled.

"I dunno." I shrugged my shoulders. "I just didn't feel like it. Plus I'm hanging out with my best friend."

"You can hang out with me anytime."

"Well I can't though, can I? You're always working."

Perrie rolled her eyes. "Well at least just answer the call."

"You don't know my family. She will be drunk already."

"It's only nine o'clock." Perrie laughed. "Go on, just answer it."

"Right... okay, fine." I answered the call. And just as I had expected, my cousin was drunk.

"Y/N where are you?" My drunk cousin mumbled.

"I'm at home. I told you I wouldn't be coming."

"Why not? It's my birthday. I thought you'd be here. I wanted you to be here."

"I'm sorry, some other time yeah?"

I prised myself away from the call and threw my phone on the coffee table. I felt awful knowing that my cousin was waiting on me, even though I told her I wasn't going.

"Is everything okay now?" Perrie asked gently.

"Err.. yeah, everything's fine."

"Come on Y/N, I know you better than you think I do. What's going on?"

"I just feel bad that I'm not there. It's her thirtieth and everyone is there but me."

"Why didn't you want to go?"

"I dunno." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yes you do, something's going on. Has someone said something to you?"

"No no, nothing like that."

"Come on, come with me." Perrie got off the sofa and held out her hand for me to take it. The feelings I felt by my hand being in hers were unimaginable. Even though Perrie was my best friend, I felt much more than that, something Perrie didn't realise thankfully. Perrie could have anyone she wanted, and I wasn't what she was looking for, therefore I wasn't going to tell her.

"Err where are you taking me?"

"Upstairs." Perrie smiled.

I felt like everything inside me had frozen with just one word from her lips. I stood only milimetres away from her with our hands still connected.

"Don't feel bad babe. Whatever is going on, I'm sure your family would understand. If you really didn't want to go, then that's entirely your choice." She smiled as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Umm- yeah- yeah I guess so."

"Are you getting shy?"

"No... Of course not, what are you doing?"

"Comforting you."

"You don't usually comfort me like this..."

"Well do you want me to stop?"

"No." I looked down at the carpet, wanting the floor to open up and swallow me whole.

"Didn't think so. Come on." She tugged on my hand. "Let's go upstairs."

I started walking behind her, my hand still in hers. She gave it a reassuring squeeze as she led me up the stairs and into my room. Perrie laid across the bed and patted the space beside her.

"This isn't a good idea." I felt the colour drain from my face as I stood staring at Perrie.

"Why not?"

"I dunno... I might end up trying to kiss you or something." I let out a laugh, letting Perrie know I was joking but deep down inside it was the truth.

"And why is that not a good idea?"

I was not expecting those words to come out of her mouth.

"I was just kidding."

"You're not though are you?"

I gulped. I didn't know what to do. Apparently standing in the middle of the room was the right answer in my brain.

"This is your last chance Y/N. Come here and lay with me or you may never get the chance to kiss me again."

I managed to lay down beside her on my back, focusing my sight on the ceiling. To say I was scared is an understatement, I was petrified. And just being diagnosed with anxiety by the doctor the day before was not doing me any favours in this situation. I could feel her blue eyes burning on my skin.

"Look at me." She whispered. I could feel her body shifting closer to me and one of her hands found its way to my chest.

I looked her in the eye and my heart felt like it was sinking.

"You've fallen for me haven't you?"

All I could do was nod.

"And you want me, don't you?"

Again, a nod was all I could manage.

"So what if I said that I have fallen for you and want you too?"

For the third time, speech failed me.

"What about that kiss?"

Before I could answer her question, her soft lips found their way to mine as she gently ran her fingers through my hair.

"Oh my god..." Was the first words I'd been able to say for five minutes now.

"So are you going to be mine or do I need to do more persuading?" Perrie winked.

"Do you want me to be?" I said nervously.

"Why would I ask you if I didn't want you to be." She giggled in my ear.

"I don't know..."

"Exactly. So will you?"

"Yes." I laughed before she went in for another kiss.