14. Jade

I was super excited to have a night in with Jade. We've not had much time together lately so when she called me asking if I wanted to come over for some food and a movie, I almost jumped at the opportunity, barely letting her finish her sentence.

We've been dating for a few months now. Those months have honestly been the best months of my life. They have been filled with so much joy and happiness. Jade made me feel like no one else ever could. I couldn't believe how lucky I was for Jade to be mine.

I knocked on the door and waited for Jade to answer.

"Hey babe." She smiled from ear to ear. "You've got a key, you could have just let yourself in."

"I didn't want to scare you if you didn't hear me." I held up a bottle of wine. "I brought this."

"Thank you babe, come in." Jade opened the door wider and I followed her in.

"I thought maybe we could order a takeaway."

"Sounds like a good idea to me." I smiled.

Jade went in search for some glasses for the wine.

"Y/N! I can't reach."

I chuckled to myself as I headed into the kitchen to see Jade on her toes trying to reach the wine glasses from the top shelf of her cupboard.

"Stop, you're gonna have an accident." I said to her. I walked over to the cupboard and lifted two glasses out with ease.

"Okay show off." She pouted playfully.

"I didn't show off. I was concerned for your safety. Those glasses could have landed on your head the way you were grabbing at them."

"Yeah yeah, if you say so." Jade rolled her eyes playfully. "Let's take it to the front room and we can eat on the sofa."

We ordered a takeaway and it came within half an hour, we argued playfully about who was paying the delivery driver and then ate our food. The empty cartons and wine bottle were still laid on the coffee table as we cuddled up on the sofa. Her fingers were tangled in mine and her head was on my lap. A movie in the background playing but we weren't paying much attention to it. We were relaxing and talking about life.

"I've really enjoyed tonight." I heard Jade sigh contently.

"So have I. It's been truly amazing just to spend some time with you."

"I know, my schedule is so tight, it's crazy."

I smiled lovingly. "I know, I understand."

"I love you Y/N." She blurted out suddenly. It was the first time she had ever told me she loved me.

I brought her hand up to my lips so I could press a gentle kiss to each finger. "You do?" I smiled weakly.

"Of course I do. I'll go out and shout it from the rooftops if you want me to."

My heart started to pound. Jade sat up so our eyes were level.

"I love you too Jade. But don't you think it's a bit cold to be standing out on the roof?" We both laughed together. I cupped her chin in my right hand and pressed my lips to hers. Her lips were soft and tasted of strawberry lip gloss. Butterflies flew around in the pit of my stomach. It happened everytime our lips connected. This is how I knew she was the one. The sparks I felt would swim through my whole body.

I pulled away from the kiss a few moments later but our faces were still only milimetres away from each other. Her light breath fanning over my lips making my heart skip a beat.

"You don't know what you do to me."

"I think I do." She purred as she took my hand and led me upstairs to her bedroom.