Chapter 29

A WEEK LATER

Me, Ben, Eric and Max walked across the parking lot towards the doors of our school. We drew looks from just about every student there. We didn't look any different but just about everyone had been at Chad's party last week and since we haven't been in school there's been no new gossip. Every girl as giving me and Max the dirtiest looks for snagging two of the most popular boys in school, but honestly, I didn't have a care in the world at that moment. I moved into a Ben house full time now since I shipped my mom off to rehab. She lost her job and didn't have any money, so she went into withdraw and just about died. She tried to rob liquor store, got caught, then got court appointed to rehab until she is sober and stays that way. Drake hasn't been seen in months.

Eric and Max, we're still going incredibly strong. I swear they're meant to be.

I caught a glance of Jenny and Dylan screaming they're head off at each other in the corner. I smiled to myself, soon we'd be off the gossip radar. Max had noticed and pointed them out to Eric. Soon he had people forming a crowd around them. We kept on walking though. There's been enough drama recently.

I said goodbye to Max and Eric while me and Ben headed towards our homeroom. I sat down in my seat and Ben sat in his. Then my phone buzzed.

—————
Ben:
You're so far away

Me:
I'm like 4 seats away

That's far

You're such a baby

—————

I looked up at him, smiling. He was a little bit right. I wanted to move closer to him but, Mr. Williams was such a hard ass about seating charts that he'd give me detentions. I shrugged at him, then turned back towards the window. I twirled my ring around my finger as I watched that cars pass by.

Three dreadfully boring periods had to pass before lunch. When the bell finally rang I dashed out of the class. I met Ben in the hall and even though I saw him only 5 hours ago I kissed him like I hadn't see him in 5 years. For once I didn't care if people saw me, judged me or what they thought.

"You seem happy," he said, when we broke apart.

"I am," I replied, grabbing his hand, "I'm also hungry, let's go."

We started towards the lunch room, when Max came up and started talking like lightning.

"Oh my gosh guys, Dylan and Jenny broke up. Dylan broke up with her in front of the whole school. She chased after him crying like an idiot. But I passed her on the way making out with Lucas Lennon. So I guess she's over him."

"That's a piece of news right there."

"I know right, oh and have you seen Eric?" She asked. Beofre I could reply, he appeared behind her, tapping on her shoulder.

"Here I am."

"Eric!" She exclaimed, hugging him, "Where'd you go?"

"Pit stop at the bathroom."

She nodded and intertwined their fingers, "I am starved whats for lunch?"

"I have no clue." I answered.

"I hope it's pizza."

I don't even remember what was for lunch that day. I just enjoyed that fact that I got to sit around a table with my friends and my boyfriend and be simply happy. I haven't felt like that in a really long time. And for once there is nothing left in my life that can ruin it.

I could get used to this.