Chapter 25

Eric's POV (still):

I wrap my arms around her back and pull her closer to me. Her lips are soft, warm and inviting. I don't want to break apart but wait, she's drunk. I push her back and both her eyes are glassy and wide.

"Sorry," she whispers, "I just thought for a second..."

"You thought correctly, but, you're drunk, and I just don't want you to do anything you'll regret or I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you," I admit.

"Eric, I really like you. Like a lot. And I have for a while. But you were with Jenny, so I couldn't do anything cause I'm not that type of girl to take another girl boyfriend but I really really like you. And kissing you is not drunk mistake it's something I've thought about a lot, and I don't regret it. But I've noticed whenever we're close or when we touch, my heart goes insane and it feels like fire on my skin. I think you feel it too. Am I right?"

I hesitate but I've got nothing to lose so I say, "Yes...Whenever I had you in my arms just then it felt like... it felt like I was holding a ball of flames in my arms. Everything about you seems to drive me crazy and I don't understand why. And I won't deny that I'm drunk, but this isn't a drunk mistake, I'm sure of it. And I know I won't regret when I say, I think I want to find out why."

"Wait, is this you asking me to be your...?" she asks, unsure.

"Yes. I think I really like you, and I want you to be my girlfriend."

"A-are you sure? Because no offense, but Jenny is kind of a crazy bitch, and she might try and fight me."

I laugh, " If she does I'm confident that you can beat her ass. So is that a yes?"

A big, toothy smile breaks across her face as she jumps into my arms and kisses me again, this time I don't pull away. She tastes slightly of the acidic tastes of vomit and cheap alcohol but I'm to lost in the feel of her in my arms to care.

When we finally break apart I hear her whisper, "Holy God, that was fantastic."

I laugh out loud at this, "I agree with you on that, but we should probably get back."

"If we must," she sighs. I get up then offer her my hand. She stands up but I don't release her hand as we walk downstairs. The couch is completely empty when we get back to the lounge.

"They're probably fucking," Max say bluntly, "Good for her."

I sit down on the couch with her beside me. We're close but it doesn't it doesn't seem close enough. I reach down and drape her legs over mine, he feet hanging over the edge of the armrest.

"I've experienced being close to you and now I can't get enough of it," I say, in response to her curious look. She smiles and rests her head on my shoulder as I put my arm around her shoulders. She breathes a sign that sounds very content and I can't explain why but that unlocked something inside me that filled me with warmth.

"Benjamin I am not drunk, I'm just tried," a voice says from down the hall.

"You can't even walk on a straight line and you had like 8 shots. You're definitely drunk."

Ben and Melanie come in from the hallway that leads to several bathrooms and guest rooms. They stop dead in their tracks when they see us. Melanie breaks out is a big smile and starts cooing over us like we're babies.

"Aww that the cutest thing, you guys are together now aren't you! That's so sweet! Isn't that sweet Benjamin? Look how cute they are together!"

"Mavis, no one can understand you. Your drunk. Sit down," he insists pushing her onto the couch.

"I'm not drunk, I can sit down on my own," she says whacking him on the hand. He holds his hand up in surrender and watches as she falls onto the couch. He looks at me and raises his eyebrows at Maxine, who passed out in my lap.

"Yep, just hurled her guts out upstairs," I say, answering his silent question.

"Well I'm not a pussy at holding my alcohol like Max, she knows it too. She once got the worst stomach ache from only two slices of cake at my 8 birthday party. I ate 4." Melanie blurted.

"So did you guys..." I trail off, afraid to upset the drunk monster who fell into his arms the minute he sat down.

"No, I wouldn't do that, not with her drunk. You?"

"Yeah same, she actually made the first move believe it or not but I don't want her to regret anything you know?"

"Yeah I get that."

"Ben. BEN!" Melanie, yells from his lap.

"Yes, my lady?" He answer, sarcastically.

"My feet hurt," she whines. He sighed but reached over and removed her high heels.

"Better?"

"Yes, thank you," she said, smiling. She snuggled into his chest her legs curling into a ball, and in about 5 seconds flat she was out like a light. I watched he'd as he smiled down at her, softly caressing her hair.

"Damn, man. You got it bad," I say.

"How could I not? You will to. Within a month with her you'll be head over heels."

I don't know for sure yet, but I have a hunch that it'll take less time than that.

Ran Right Into Him On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara