Chapter Seven

"No! No! Stop it!" JJ screamed as she thrashed around in bed. "Please! No!"

It was about 3:30 am and Emily quickly woke up to the sound. "JJ?" She wrapped her arms around her tightly and shook her awake. "It's okay, it's alright," she soothed.

JJ woke up in a cold sweat, her heart racing. "Emily? Emily," she whispered, immediately grabbing onto her arm when she felt her.

"I'm right here. It was just a nightmare, it's okay. You're okay," Emily said, rocking her gently.

"I'm sorry," JJ whispered, wiping her watering eyes. She was still clinging to Emily's waist. "You don't have to be sorry," Emily said softly. "Can you tell me what that dream was about?"

"It was nothing. I'm sorry for waking you up. You can go back to sleep," JJ said, her cheeks flushed red.

"I already told you that you don't have to be sorry. I want you to tell me what the dream was about." Emily was still softly rocking her back and forth. It had calmed her down so quickly, yet JJ had barely even noticed she was doing it.

"I dreamed that Will got out of jail. He found me and said he would kill the baby. Then I woke up," JJ told her. She was still trembling slightly as she remembered.

"You're still dreaming about him?" Emily asked, kissing her head. "I'm sorry," JJ murmured into her shoulder.

Emily sighed, pulling JJ's face up so she could see her. "That's the third time you said that. Why're you sorry? I'm not upset that you woke me up. You shouldn't be sorry for having nightmares. It's not your fault. You know that."

JJ nodded, resting her face in Emily's neck. "I'm just so scared all the time. I don't know why. I'm an fbi agent and he's locked up in jail. I shouldn't be scared of him," she said.

"He abused you. He threatened to hurt your baby. It makes sense that you're scared of him. Anyone would be. That doesn't make you weak," Emily told her. "Just don't let that fear control you. He's gone forever. You know he can't hurt you anymore. After a while it's going to get easier."

JJ sniffled back her tears and nodded again. Emily pressed a kiss to her forehead and a kiss to her lips. "I love you, you know that right?" She said.

"I know," JJ said quietly, kissing her back. Emily laid them back down and let JJ cuddle into her side. "Go back to sleep, I'm right here," she said, holding her tightly.

It was easy for JJ to fall asleep again, much to her surprise. She felt safe and no longer scared of Will and what he would do to her. In the moment, she just felt peaceful.

___

"Jennifer, can you come here?" Emily asked. She was sitting on the couch in the living room. By the sound of her voice JJ could tell whatever she had to say wasn't going to be good. Jennifer? She never called her that.

"Yeah?" JJ asked, cautiously walking into the room and taking a seat on the couch.

"We need to talk," Emily told her. Her face was serious and it only made JJ more nervous. "About what?" She questioned, running her hands over her legs.

"What the hell is this?" Emily opened her hand and showed the little plastic bag filled with white pills in it. Emily could clearly recognize what it was. Oxy. It had fallen out of the bottom of JJ's duffel back when Emily was putting it away.

When JJ saw the pills she felt like everything inside of her stopped moving. "I- I... Emily-" she tried to talk but any excuse she could think of refused to leave her mouth.