🌟 CHAPTER 31 🌟

LISA'S POV

I was so scared to ask any further questions to the doctor. He just looked down and ran back to the ICU like he forgot to do something. I did not know so I looked down at Jungkook still sleeping on my lap.

"Heyy!! Kookie. Wake up." I said gently tapping on his cheeks.

He just groaned.

"The doctor was out a minute ago. The surgery must be done. The red light has gone off too." I said making him jolt his head up out of my lap.

"How's she ? How's my sister ?" He asked.

"I don't know, Jungkook. The doctor was here a while ago but when I asked him he just looked down and then ran back to the ICU." I said.

"Why would he do that ? What does he mean by that ?" Jungkook asked tearing up again.

"Shhh. Heyy it's okay. She has to be fine. We'll talk with the doctor once he comes out." I said comforting him.

After a while the doctor came out.

"I'm sorry for leaving abruptly earlier. I had to check if the saline was attached properly by the nurse or not. You guys are very lucky I must say. And your sister she is one of a kind. I've never seen such a strong girl ever in my life before. The surgery was surely very complicated but she made it through. She fought against all the complications and defeated her illness. Hats off. Congratulations. The surgery was successful. She's out of danger now. She'll be resting for a while after that you can go see her." The doctor said.

"Thank you so much doctor. I don't know even know how to pay you back for this." Jungkook said falling to his knees.

"It's my duty, Sir. You don't have to thank me." The doctor said.

"I had been very harsh to you earlier. I'm so sorry for that." Jungkook said.

"It's okay, Sir. I understood your frustration that time. Anybody in your place would've done the same thing so you don't need to feel guilty. I'll take a leave now" The doctor said helping Jungkook to stand up and the headed to his office.

After hearing the good news,Jungkook ran to Jennie's mom's room to tell her about it.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I was so shocked on hearing the nurse say that. My mind was already wandering to places thinking about the worst possibilities. I didn't even process her words neatly but she continued with her conversation.

"I'm so sorry, Sir. I had to give you sedatives because you were panicking too much at the time of drawing the blood. I had no other option. I'm so sorry that I didn't ask for your permission before doing so." She said looking down.

Oh God. She almost gave me a heart attack. Did she not hear what I asked ?

"It's okay. How's she ? How did the surgery go ?" I asked a bit loudly for her to hear it clearly this time.

"Ohhhh. I just had a talk with the head doctor earlier. He said the surgery was successfu. She made it through despite of all the complications. She's out of danger and resting right now." The nurse said.

I couldn't express the happiness I felt at that time. It was like the broken pieces of my heart suddenly got back in their places to give birth to a new one. I was too excited and overjoyed and overwhelmed.

"Can I go see her ?" I asked.

"She's on heavy meds. She needs a lot of rest after such a complicated surgery. In afraid the doctor won't allow you to go in just yet." The nurse said.

"I won't disturb her sleep I promise. I just want to see her. Please." I requested.

"I'll have to talk with the doctor first. I'll be back." She said as she left the room.