🌟 CHAPTER 3 🌟

JENNIE'S POV

It's been a week since I started working. My room was right next to Taehyung's. Everyday I used to go there and try to talk to him but every single attempt of mine was unsuccessful. He would either not talk to me or threaten to hurt me. I somehow managed to put some anti-drug medicines in his drinking water. Mr and Mrs Kim were already starting to lose hope. They were being very sweet to me as always but something was telling them that this was not gonna work. I felt really sad looking at their saddened state. Something very bad must have happened in his past. But why doesn't he wanna share it ? Why is he clinging on to it ? Why is he not letting go ? I did tell his parents to have patience and trust me, but to be honest I can't think of anything. I even tried to hide his drugs but he still somehow found them back. I tried asking him about his past but he just pushed me away. Maybe he is not ready to speak about it. But how am I supposed to help if he doesn't open up ? Think of something, Jennie. There must be something by which you can initiate a conversation with him. But for that I'll need a break. I'll need sometime to think. I think I should take a holiday for 2 days. I'll go meet mom. I also promised to meet Jk when he is back. He'll be coming back from Canada tomorrow. Maybe he can help me with this taehyung matter. Yep I think this is the best idea.

"Good morning Ma'am and Sir." I said politely as soon as I saw them coming downstairs.

"Good morning Jennie. How is Taehyung ?" Mrs Kim asked as soon as she and her husband got down.

"I did put the anti-drug medicines in his water and I'm pretty sure he drank it. But I'm really sorry Ma'am and Sir, there is still no improvement in his condition." I said and their faces sank.

"Why God ? Why do you have to do this to my family ? Please bring my old Tae back. I beg you." His mom started getting emotional.

"Don't lose hope ma'am. He'll be fine. Just give me a little more time. I'll make things right." I said assuring her.

"I don't think it'll be of any use, Jennie. We have previously tried doing everything but nothing has ever worked. I don't even know why I got hope when you accepted the job. You should just go back to the hospital. I don't want you to waste your precious time here  I'll pay you a fair amount for your week's service." Mr Kim said in a sad tone.

"I'm not wasting my career, Sir. This is my career. Bringing people out of their misery is my job. Just trust me, Sir. Also can I have a break for two days. I need some time to figure things out. I'll get back after two days and try my best to help Taehyung. You need not worry." I said trying to console him. 

"You are literally an angel sent by god for us. Thank you so much for not giving up on our son, Jennie. It means a lot. We'll never ever forget your favour. And yes you can take a break whenever you want. Let's talk when you come back." Mr Kim said now putting up a slight smile.

"Thank you Sir." I said while smiling back at him.

Before leaving for my holidays, I went to check on Taehyung for the last time. He was sleeping peacefully like a baby.

"He looks so calm when he's asleep. God knows what happens to him when he wakes up." I said to myself.

"Bye Taehyung. Take care of yourself. Let's meet after two days." I said in a soft voice before closing the door of his room and leaving the house.

It felt so different when I got out of the Kim's Mansion. I must say apart from Taehyung's screams and violent acts, my stay at the Kim's Mansion was quite good. Anyways I've got to go meet mom first.

After a short cab ride. I reched the hospital. The staff greeted me with a sweet good morning.

"Jennieeee!!! You are back. How's it going ? Are you enjoying your job ? Are you able to handle him ?" Ms Choi started bombarding me with questions as soon as I entered.