🌟 CHAPTER 24 🌟

TAEHYUNG'S POV

After thinking a lot I finally realised what Lisa said is right. Jennie doesn't love me anymore, she said that straight to my face. She also said that she loves someone else and if she's happy with that someone else why am I not letting her go ? I'm just torturing myself even more. I know moving on from her won't be easy but I have to do my best and try. Besides all dad's friends are so friendly and sweet. I think that their daughters would also be like that only. Yes for love, I can't guarantee if I could give that to her but I'll try my best. If she really is willing to wait for me to get over Jennie, I'll marry her. But I need to talk to her first. I can't just trick her into marrying me for my benefit. Whatever Lisa said makes sense but I need to clarify it from her. Right now, I should just go down and say he's for the marriage for time being.

As I was climbing down the stairs I heard Mr Kim ask Dad if I was ready for the marriage and I quickly took the opportunity to say yes.

Everybody was so happy when they heard me say that. I looked at Jisoo. She was beautiful no doubt. But Jennie had somehow hypnotized my brain and made it think that I'd never find anybody more beautiful than her. Well that was true. Focus Taee!!! Stop thinking of Jennie for a sec atleast. I saw Lisa looking at me and mouthing 'Thank You'. I just nodded and smiled at her.

"Hey there handsome Boy!." Mr Kim said and hugged me as soon as I came down.

"I knew my boy would never say no to me. I'm happy that you took the right decision Taehyung." Dad said as he smiled at me.

I was having second thoughts about this now. Is this fair ? Am I being selfish ? Am I even doing the right thing ? But it was too late to think about these things.

"Hello Mr Kim, Mrs Kim. Hey Jisoo. Nice to meet you guys." I said composing myself.

"Hello future son-in-law." Mr Kim said and everybody had a happy laugh.

"So let's fix the date of the marriage. Both the families have agreed. Both Bride and Groom are also willing to marry each other then why waste time ?" Mr Kim asked.

"Yes, sure. Let's look for the nearest date for their grand wedding." Dad said.

"Mr Kim, Dad. I wanted to ask you guys for a favour." I said averting my eyes in their direction.

"Yes Taehyung, what is it ? Feel free to ask for anything. We are going to be family now." Mr Kim said.

"I don't know anything about Jisoo and she doesn't know anything about me too. I just wanted some time, so that we could get to know each other well before tying the knot. So I request you to give us atleast a week and look for a date after that." I said sincerely.

"Ofcourse Taehyung. Why not ? You go out and spend time with each other and get to know each other. We are willing to wait till you guys are comfortable." Mrs Kim said.

"Thank you Mrs Kim." I replied.

"Oh drop the formalities Taehyung. Call me Mom." Mrs Kim said and I just smiled.

"I already knew that Taehyung would say yes. So I already had taken a draft of auspicious days from the priest. According to Taehyung's request the best date for the wedding after a week is 9th of January. What do you guys think ? Is it okay with you ?" Mr Kim asked.

"Yeaa absolutely fine." Dad replied.

"I can't tell you guys how happy I am for both of you. I'll guarantee you that Taehyung will take the best possible care of you. You'll feel at home here, Jisoo. I always wanted a sister and now finally I'll be getting one." Lisa said as she smiled at Jisoo.

"Thank you for being so sweet and Kind to me Lisa. Even I'm happy to be having a sister like you." Jisoo said.

She seemed like a nice and kind girl but she didn't have that spark like Jennie did. Again ??!! For God sake stop it Tae. Jennie's chapter is closed from your life. You are starting to have a new one and you should focus on that.