🌟 CHAPTER 26 🌟

IN THE EVENING

JENNIE'S POV

"Kai!!! This is a five star restaurant and you very well know that I can't afford to eat here." I said being tensed.

"I don't expect you to pay, Jennie. Just enjoy the food and I'll pay." He said.

"You are a nice person but I can't accept that. It's too much." I said about to get up and go.

"C'mon Jennie it's nothing. We are just here to have a good time. Don't think about the money." He said.

"I'm sorry Kai. I was looking forward to meet you but not here. I can't. This is not in my budget." I said and finally went out of the restaurant.

He followed me.

"I'm sorry Jennie. My plan wasn't on making you feel bad. You tell me. What place do you like ? We'll go there." He said as he followed me out of the restaurant.

"Are you sure ?" I asked.

"Yes. Ofcourse. I'm ready to go anywhere if it's with you." He said and smiled.

I took him to a small eatery near my cafe. It was affordable and the manager there had become my friend now.

"Jennie!!! Hii!!! Long time no visit." He said as soon as he saw me.

"Yeaa. Was caught up in some terrible things." I said.

"Ohh I see. Where's Jungkook ?" He asked.

"He's working at the Café. Meet my friend Kai and Kai this is Mr Jung. He's the owner of this small cafe." I said.

"Hello Sir." Kai said.

"Hello to you too." Mr Jung replied.

"Please come in and have a seat, I'll send somebody to get your orders. Make yourself comfortable." Mr Jung said as he signalled us to go in.

After having a seat, I caught Kai staring at me and I knew why exactly he wanted to meet me. Jungkook was right. He liked me and I wanted to clear things up.

"Kai. It's not gonna work. I'm really sorry. You are an amazing guy. But I've had a devastating break up not long ago and I don't plan into letting anybody in my heart again. I'm done." I said while being serious.

"Wait what ?" He said as he laughed.

"You called me to ask me out, right ?" I said awkwardly.

"No. Jennie. Nooo. I just called you to hang out with you as I thought your vibe was nice. All my other friends are super nosy and full of themselves. You are the first person that wasn't like them. I liked your personality the day I saw you. I just wanted to be friends with you. Nothing else. I'm sorry if it just came out wrong." Kai said assuring me.

"Ohhh. I'm so sorryy Kai. I thought you were interested in me and were trying to hit on me or something. I mistook that. So sorryyy." I said as I let out a laugh.

"You are super gorgeous. Who wouldn't want to hit on you but I have this thing I never make the first move." Kai said.

"Really ?" I asked.

"Yes. Why didn't you ever make a move on me ?" He asked whining.

"Excuse me. Are you flirting with me ?" I asked with a wierd expression.

"No. Just playing around." Kai said and we laughed it off.

"You are really funny and unpredictable." I said.

The waiter came by to take our orders. I ordered a coffee and Kai decided to do the same.

"So now that we have become friends and cleared the misunderstanding we had. May I know about your breakup ? Like what happened ? Why would any guy break up with you ? He must really be a mad person." Kai said.