🌟 CHAPTER 15 🌟

THIRD PERSON POV

Jungkook was super surprised by Jennie's statement but Jennie was firm on her decision.

"Okay let's not speak about this right now. I've seen my daughter after such a long time. Come Jennie, sit down. Let's talk about you and your work." Jennie's mom said distracting everybody from the topic.

"Works been really hectic, mom. But I'm fine. I'm enjoying the new learning experience. We have a lot of fun at work, right Jk ?" Jennie asked.

"Yes right." Jungkook replied blankly.

"Ohh sweetie. Take care of yourselves. Now that mommy is recovering, she will take control over the money earning factor." Jennie's mom said assuring her.

"No Mom. You don't have to. Trust me. I can do it." Jennie said smiling and hugged her mom.

"Thanks a lot Jungkook. For always being there and taking good care of my daughter. I am very grateful to you dear." Jennie's mom said looking at Jungkook who was still confused about this entire 'I want to settle down in New York' thing.

"No need to thank me Auntie. It's my job." Jungkook said finnally getting out of his thoughts and coming back to reality.

"I would very much like to stay with you the entire day, mom. But unfortunately, We have work. So we will see you soon. We'd make sure to visit you often." Jennie said as she came out of her mom's embrace.

"Don't work too hard Jennie. Take care of yourselves, you both. Don't worry about your mom. I'll take good care of her." Jennie's aunt said assuring Jungkook and Jennie.

"Thanks Aunt Seo-Joon." Jennie said with gratitude.

As they were about to leave Jennie got a call.

"I have to take this. I'll be back." Jennie said as she went to the balcony.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I was still processing what was happening. I cannot beleive, Jennie can do something like this. Something is definitely wrong and I need to find out.

"Jungkook. I wanted to ask for a favour." Auntie said whispering.

"Yes auntie. What is it ?" I replied.

"You know I'm getting very old right now. Jennie's marriage is my responsibility....

I did not like where this was going.

"So can you remove the burden from my head and please marry her ?" Auntie asked.

The thing that I feared of the most finally happened.

"You have done so many things for me auntie and I can never pay you back. Saying no to you is very hard. But I'm sorry auntie, I can't. I love somebody else. And as for Jennie she also loves somebody else. I know she hasn't told you yet but she will soon. And I can assure you that the guy she's in love with would definitely keep her safe and happy." I replied.

"Thank you for being so honest with me Jungkook. I appreciate it. And if you say that guy is good for my daughter, then I don't have any objection. I'll just wait for her to be comfortable enough to introduce him to me." Auntie said.

"Thank you so much for understanding auntie. Also can I ask you something ? I've been wanting to ask it for long enough but I was scared." I said hesitating.

"Yes Jungkook. Ofcourse, go ahead." Auntie replied.

"Can I call you mom ? You've been there for me since I was a small child. You are like a motherly figure for me." I said with conviction.