🌟 CHAPTER 22 🌟

LISA'S POV

After reaching New York, the first thing I did was to contact Dad's friend and ask him for a day to have some important conversation and he said he'll be free only after a week.

I aslo had some work commitments, so the entire week I made sure that I completed all of them so I could have more time to speak to dad's friend.

AFTER A WEEK.

Today was finally the day when I would be able to talk to Dad's friend. He asked me to meet him at a famous cafe nearby. THE ROYAL CAFE. I've heard about this cafe a lot but unfortunately I've never been there.

I decided to wear something nice and sober so that I could impress him and talk sugar into his brain. I don't think that'll even be necessary tho. He's dad's friend and all the friends of dad that I've met till now are very nice and kind. Also they are very easy to talk to.

After getting ready I left for the cafe and ad soon as I arrived, I saw an elder man in a suit sitting at the first table. He's gotta be the one. C'mon Lisa, you can do it.

"Good morning MR KIM." I said as I approached him.

"Good morning, Lisa. How are you ?" He said giving me a friendly smile.

"I'm all well. What about you ? How are your family members ?" I asked politely.

"Everybody is doing absolutely well. You said you wanted to talk about something important. Is it about work or about your dad ?" He asked.

"No. It's actually about Taehyung." I said being nervous.

"Taehyung. The handsome, young lad. How is he doing btw ? I heard that he went through a lot the past 2 years" He asked.

"He's absolutely fine now. But the thing is he's been very lonely for a long time now. He needs someone to be with him. To be there in sickness and health. He is in desperate need of a partner." I said looking at him and he knew where this conversation was going to go.

"Yes. You are right. He's old enough to settle down. Just a minute." He said as he called the waiter to serve us some drinks.

"What would you like sir ?" He asked.

"Two wine glasses please." Mr Kim said.

I looked up and saw that the waiter was none other than JEON FUCKING JUNGKOOK. What was he doing there ??? Oh God this is so awkward. He looked at me and was as shocked as I was but both of us tried to hide it quickly and be professional.

"Anything else sir ?" He asked not moving his eyes from mine. I was lucky that Mr Kim did not see him do that.

"No thanks. This will be alright." He said and Jungkook went back inside.

My heart was pounding. Get it together Lisa. You have to speak to them about Tae.

"So as I was saying. Tae needs to get married. He's the most eligible bachelor right now. Many girls want to marry him but we want to have the best bride for him and we could not think of anyone else other than your daughter Jisoo. She'll be perfect for Taehyung. She's smart, beautiful, intelligent and kind. We would really really love of you accept our proposal and lend your daughter to us. We promise to take good care of her and as for Taehyung, I can guarantee you that he'd never give you a chance to complain. He'll love her more than anyone else. So what do you think sir ?" I asked crossing my fingers to receive a positive response.

Jungkook came to our table, placed the wine glasses and went back as soon as possible.

"You wouldn't beleive Lisa, I was going to ask your dad for his son to my daughter when I got back to Korea. It makes me so happy that you guys want the same. From the day I first saw Taehyung I instantly knew that he was the best choice for Jisoo. Ofcourse it's a yes. I'd love to give my daughter into my best friend's house. Wed be honoured to do that." He said which brought a huge smile to my face.