Chapter 1

Robin’s POV
I looked at my fridge, the only thing in it a box of milk which I was sure was expired and two eggs. I closed it, I really needed a job things in Seoul were freaking expensive don’t even get me started on the rent.

I came to Seoul on impulse, I just took a sharpie closed my eyes and said whichever place I’ll circle would be my next home. Here I am eight months later, my savings we’re almost used up and what I got from my tutoring gigs was not going to cut it in the long run. I needed a stable job

“No, you’re Robin Rose Salvatore there’s no challenge you can’t overcome”, I said to myself as I took out my laptop.

Hours later my eyes were nearly crossed having sent out what felt like a hundred applications at various schools fingers crossed one of them would be interested in me.

The buzzing of my phone took my attention from the screen and I answered without even looking at the caller ID.

“Hello”.

“Robin, I don’t appreciate you ignoring my calls”.

I could recognize that voice any where and I was cursing myself for not looking at who the caller was.

“Mother what a pleasant surprise”, I’m sure she could hear the sarcasm in my voice.

“I do not like that tone of voice Robin.”

I could already feel the tell tale sign of a headache.

“Is there a reason your calling”

“Your father and I have talked and we’ve agreed that we’ve let you run a mack enough. We demand you come back home this instant”.

“You and dad talked? That’s new”, I said

“Robin I will not tolerate you speaking to me like this, I am your mother and I demand you speak to me with respect. Your shenanigans have gone on long enough it’s time for you to come back and learn about the family business”.

“Not interested”

She scoffed, “Of course you are, you’re the only heir and it’s your duty to fulfill”.

“I don’t want to take over the family business mother,” I told her for the thousand time.

“Why are you so ungrateful? To make matters worse you go to south Korea to be a teacher!”, she said as if she couldn’t comprehend the fact why any one would want to become a teacher.

“You never care about anyone but yourself, I don’t know why I gave birth to such an ungrateful child. You’re so selfish, why can’t you be like Eva she’s such an obedient child”

“Then you let Eva, take over the business see problem solved”, I said and hang up the phone.

If you’re wondering who Eva was, she was my cousin the perfectly child according to mommy dearest. One would think she was her daughter and not me, she always used to compare me to her. Do this like Eva, Eva does this like this you should do it as well yada yada. They should just give the company to her and leave me alone.

My phone went off once again and this time I looked at the caller ID, it was Adora.

“Hiya”, the voice on the other side of the line said and I smiled the conversation with my mother already forgotten

“Hey Adora, what’s up”.

“So remember how last week you were saying that you needed a job”.

“Yeah?”

“Well my company is looking for an English teacher for one of our artist and I happened to recommend you. You have and interview with them tomorrow”.

“Adora, you’re my guardian angel. I could kiss you right now”

She giggled and told me the details of the interview. Adora worked for Hybe labels which was a big company here in South Korea, many groups like BTS, TXT , New jeans and many more were under it. I wasn’t much into Kpop which sounded weird to some people since I’m living in the heart of Kpop but Adora filled me in on some information about the music scene.

I was more into classical music like Beethoven, Mozart,Def Leppard, ACDC and old RnB girl. Weird combo I know but it is what it is.

I wonder what artist she was talking about, oh well it didn’t matter. I got up and prepared myself for the interview making sure I researched the company thoroughly before tomorrow.

I was up bright and early the next morning, I took a shower and sat down to fix my lace wig. Satisfied with what I was seeing in the mirror I cleared my throat pointing a finger to my reflection.

 Satisfied with what I was seeing in the mirror I cleared my throat pointing a finger to my reflection

“You are amazing and beautiful, you’re graceful and kind to people except those who try to act a fool. You’re going inside that interview room and you’re going to ace it.”

Nodding to my self I smiled, then did a once over of myself damn I look good.
I hailed a cab to my destination, quickly going over the facts of what I knew about the company in my head.

The building before me was massive I was stopped for security check then squaring my shoulders,I made my way inside. Naomi Campbell would have been proud of the way I was swaying my particulars on the way to the reception desk like I owned the building.

“Good morning how can I help you”, the receptionist said smiling.

“Good morning I’m here for an interview”, I said giving a polite smile back.
She called someone, presumably whoever is going to interview me and talked to them in Korean. I stood there not understanding a single word, Adora has been teaching me a few things I basically only know the alphabet but the grammar was no joke.

“Please head to the seventh floor”, she said and gave me a pass

“Thank you”.

“Good luck”, she said and I gave her a grin.

I made my way to the elevator and pressed on the seventh floor, I really hope I get this job no I have to get this job else I have to fly back to the America and take over the family business which was absolutely not acceptable. I'd rather get stung by a bee in the eyeball repeatedly than give my mother that satisfaction.