Chapter Sixteen 🦋

Daryl's POV:

Now I knew where Beth was, Carol was there now too. Grady Memorial Hospital. A kid called Noah, told me about it all. Their so called methods for survival. I had to get back to the others, needed a group to be able to get Carol and Beth while they were still alive. I felt guilty enough as is, it was bad enough that I had Val playing on repeat in my mind. I just keep messing things up with everyone I come across.

I didn't even know if I was ready to be a father, hell I didn't even know if I would be a good one. I didn't have much of a role model to go off of. What if I ended up like my old man, Val and our baby didn't deserve that possibility. There was no doubt in my mind that she would be an incredible mother, I just don't think I'm cut out to be a parent.

Made it back to the church, I could see Rick talking, planning something. I immediately went to him, explained everything to him, only turns out he had something to tell me too. I looked around as he spoke to me, spotting Val sitting on the steps Judith in her arms, making eye contact with me. I knew she was pissed at me, just by her suddenly getting up and walking away. Rick even noticed and gave me the 'go talk to her' look, I nodded and walked off to help Tyreese inside the church, where I knew she was going to be.

**

Val's POV:

I can't believe he thinks he could show back up here and act like he didn't just disappear. I sat and watched him from a distance as he helped Tyreese. Although he did look pretty sexy, those muscular ar- nope, no I'm not doing this, I'm mad at him, I'm mad that he left without telling me. We only spoke moments before and even then he didn't leave on a good note. I'm pissed at how he spoke to me the other night and then just abandons his own pregnant girlfriend.

Once everything was fortified as much it could be with the resources we had, those who were on the 'rescue mission' getting ready to leave. I grabbed what was needed and began to join them, "Ye ain't going." Daryl huffed, grabbing my wrist to stop me from opening the door. I looked up at him with a stone cold expression on my face. I was tired of being bossed around, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that I'm helpless. "You wanna make that bet." I scoffed, snatching my arm back out of his grip, and carried on what I was doing. I turned back to look at rick and gave him the same look I gave Daryl, he threw his hands up in defeat knowing this was an argument he chose to avoid, meanwhile Daryl wasn't going to let this down.

**