Chapter Five 🦋

Val's POV:

"So you found them like this?" I asked Tyreese.

"I came to see Karen... and I saw the blood on the floor. Then I smelled them." Tyreese explained.

"Somebody dragged them out here and set them on fire." He stated, angrily.

"They killed them and set them on fire!" He went straight up to my brother, setting the rest of us on edge. "You're a cop. You find out who did this and bring 'em to me." He demanded.

"You understand? You bring 'em to me!"

"We'll find out who..." Daryl began to say, going to put his hand on Tyreese, who shoved him off angrily.

"I need to say it again?"

"No. No. He understands." I pleaded, calmly. Stepping a little closer to him. I wasn't using crotches now, I felt like I needed to start walking on my foot otherwise I would begin to lose all the strength I had in that ankle. And in a world like this that we live in that wasn't a good idea. I just had to rest more often, and I was okay with that.

"I know what you're feeling. I've been there. You saw me there. It's dangerous."

"Karen didn't deserve this! David didn't deserve it! Nobody does."

"Alright, man, let's.." Daryl began, going to grab him again. Tyreese immediately grabbed Daryl by the shirt and shoved against the gate. "Man I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!" He screamed.

Rick, Carol, and I went to help him immediately before Daryl put his hands out letting us know he could handle it. 'I guess he would have had to deal with this reaction a lot with Merle' I thought to myself. I'd never seen someone be so calm when they've just been shoved against something being held by their shirt. "We're on the same side, man." Daryl stated, calmly.

"Hey look... I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're going through right now, but you've got to calm down." Rick went to put his hand on Tyreese. Then Tyreese turned and grabbed my brother and pushed him, yelling, "You need to step the hell back!"

"She wouldn't want you be like this." With that Tyreese took a swing, hitting Rick smack bang in the side of his face. Twice. Daryl jumped in, pulling Tyreese away, Rick got up and immediately lunged at him, taking a swing. Soon hovering over Tyreese beaten the shit out of him. "Rick! Stop!" I screamed, I took the chance and went to pull my brother off. I wrapped my arms around his chest tightly, almost pulling him back, until he swung back at me, knocking me to ground. My face immediately in pain. I felt my lip begin to sting. "Motherfucker." I muttered, after seeing blood on my finger, after on lightly touching my bottom lip. I jumped up and noticed Rick had stopped punching. I marched straight over to him, he looked me. His eyes turning sad once he realised what he did to me in retaliation. "You son of a bitch!" I yelled, swinging my arm around, punching my own brother hard in his face. Making sure his jaw would be in more pain than my own.

**

"Hey are ye alright?" Daryl asked, as he approached my cell. I had been laying on a bunk in an empty cell that wasn't my own, to make sure I wasn't anywhere near those of us that hadn't been affected yet. "I'll be okay Daryl. No need to worry about me." I said, softly. Sitting up to look at him. "And yet you still manage to look beautiful even with a split lip." Daryl complimented, trying to lighten the mood.

"Thanks Daryl." I muttered, looking down at my feet.

"What's wrong?"

"You think I was stupid for doing that, don't you?"

"A little but he's yer brother I get why ye tried to stop him, just wish ya let me handle it."

"It's not the first time, believe me. I can handle him, just that wasn't Rick. He was somewhere else. Besides I'm sure he feels worse than what I do."

"Ye got a helluva right hook, I'd give ya that." He chuckled.

"Not gonna lie, it was downright sexy." He stated, walking over to me. I giggled a little bit. He always knew how to lighten to mood. "Is that right?" I giggled.

"You bet." He pulled me in for a kiss. "Hell I just can't stay away from ya."

"Then don't. We've both already been exposed. What difference will it make?" I stated, planting another kiss on his lips. "to hell with it, your worth it." He picked me up, bringing me in for a heated kiss. Laying me back down on the bed, hovering over top of me. "Am I worth getting your ass kicked by Rick if he catches us?" I asked, slowing unbuttoning his shirt.

"Oh you bet ye are." He stated, taking my oversized shirt off, throwing it to the side, soon trailing kisses down my body, his hand wandering down my shorts unzipping them. "Daryl. Once we start, we're not stopping." I breathed.

"I know." He smirked. Trailing fingers underneath my panties, teasing me. Making me want him. Need him. He knew just how to drive me crazy.

**