𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 | 𝘭.𝘤𝘯

Your heart was beating so loud you swore it would jump out of your chest as you stared at the mc who was about to introduce your group. Despite being an idol for so long, you never quite accustomed yourself to award shows. Your lack of idol friends was something that definitely didn't help seeing as you had no one else except for your 10 members to talk to. Yes, 10 members. 

Being the maknae of a group so large was helpful in these situations though. Almost all approached the leader or unit leaders seeing as your group had also implemented a unit system but they never went to you, the maknae. It was nice not having to talk to anyone.

"DayDream! Red carpet!" At the call of your manager, the 11 of you were escorted to the red carpet area. Being a big group was tough when it came to coordination and you had such a huge admiration for groups like the boyz, nct, seventeen, etc. In fact, Seventeen debuted in the same year you did, but you'd never met or seen them really. It's not like you didn't want to or anything since a few of your older members were great friends with seventeen's older members but your fear of initiating things like a friendship halted you.

As you followed your members to the red carpet, you noticed a boy group walk off said red carpet. You didn't think anything of it really until you turned to look at the wall decorations and suddenly felt a bump on your shoulder and were met with the face of a man.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I should have looked where i was going." He was dressed in a black suit which was perfectly tailored to fit his body type and his quick and genuine apology along with his positive tone startled you a bit.

"No no it's okay um . . ." You honestly felt horrible for not knowing his name as you speculated he was an idol and clearly he was thrown off as he looked sort of shocked when your voice trailed off.

At this point you had stopped in your tracks to talk to the boy and had completely forgotten about the task at hand.

"Di- Lee Chan, but you can just call me Chan!" It confused you a bit when he stuttered by answering a simple question but you decided to simply brush it off as the nice and energetic aura surrounding Chan was rubbing off on you - and you liked it.

"Nice to meet you Chan." He gave you a big smile before looking as if he had some sort of realization.

"Wait! Your DayDream's Y/N right? I'm sorry i didn't recognize you earlier!" You were surprised at the fact he knew you yet guilty as well. He knew your name and group and looked sort of excited to meet you while you didn't even know who he was or what group he was in despite him giving you his name.

"I am, and it's no worries. I'm the one who didn't recognize you." You gave him a soft smile before you heard running footsteps and a man turned the corner and jogged his way over to you both.

"Din- oh uh hi" He called someone's name before stopping and looking between you both with a confused expression but eventually bowing slightly at you and continuing. He was wearing a black suit as well and looked to be matching with Chan. They were most likely group members weren't they?

"Come on we have to get seated, seriously why did you have to get lost right now." He seemed stern and assertive, probably a leader you guessed since your own leader gave off the same vibe. 

The new man once a agin sent a smile your way before dragging your new and only idol friend along with him. Chan sent one last guilty wave and then disappeared behind the corner.