𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 | 𝘬.𝘮𝘨

As the sun set over Seoul, the lights of the city came on one by one and i found myself sprawled across the bed, doing nothing but stare at the ceiling. I had stuff to do, sure, but contemplating my life's decisions on a saturday evening proved to be more interesting.

"would you stop throwing that fucking ball? I'm doing something important" Oh right, i forgot to mention, i was also throwing and catching my tennis ball. I know, what a multitasker i am. My best friend's complain made me momentarily stop though and i sat up.

"hm. . .how about no." He finally turned towards me only to stick his tongue out. It's not like he was doing anything i could have interrupted anyways. Unless watching youtube as if it was his job could be qualified as "important"

"fuck you." I only chuckled at his clear annoyance.

"aw thanks Gyu." This was normally how our hang-outs went. We would game for a while, study for no more than 5 minutes, have personal time, maybe throw an argument in somewhere and then we would make up right after. That's just how good of friends we were. No matter how heated the argument, we could still wordlessly make up right after.

Except tonight things were a bit different. Due to Mingyu's skyrocketing popularity, we landed ourselves invites to one of those cliché college parties. I personally wasn't planning on going, but Gyu's proposal of one personally cooked meal per hour i stayed with him was sounding way to good. Sometimes being friends with a culinary major payed off.

. . .

"Can you hurry the fuck up?" It had been an entire two hours since Mingyu and I started getting ready, yet here i was, waiting on this beauty king. This wasn't anything new though. His vain-ness, i mean. Mingyu would stare at himself for the rest of eternity if he could. He was probably just staring at himself in the mirror.

At my complain, Mingyu's footsteps got louder by the second until he emerged from his abnormally large hallway. Well, that makes sense for the hallway to be large and gorgeous if his house was large and gorgeous. Mingyu was rich, stupid rich, and his over-the top house showcased that. Although, he never treated me any different since we'd met despite us having completely opposite social statuses. I liked that about him.

"so?" He did a few poses once he got in front of me. I normally would have scoffed at him, but this time, he actually looked good. His all-red suit complimented him nicely, same went for his hairstyle. But of course, i couldn't let him know this directly.

"eh." Mingyu scoffed in response to my exclamation.

"Whatever, you're just jealous." I was about to retaliate but then backed down and let Gyu take the win. Although that was proving to be a horrible decision the longer Mingyu skipped himself to his car as if he was a celebrity.

But what was even worse, was the fact he blasted his hype music the whole way. This wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact he had his bass so boosted i could practically feel the bass in my soul.

"We're here!" The two of us walked our way into the party. The house was pretty much as big as Mingyu's except for the fact this house was more modern while his was more elegant.

Only 2 minutes in, my lovely best friend had left me to talk to some of his friends, leaving me completely alone. And so, i did what any normal person would, i sat in the corner on my phone.

Sudden footsteps alerted me and i looked up from my phone only to be met with Mingyu's figure, smiling his cutest smile directly at me.

"What are you doing in the corner,? Wanna dance with me?" I wanted to say yes and take his hand, but something about dancing with him in this environment felt wrong.

"Babe!" A girl emerged from the swarm of people and dragged Mingyu into the dance circle. That's why it felt wrong. It felt wrong because i was in love with him. I was in love with my best friend, and he already had a girlfriend.