𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 | 𝘬.𝘴𝘺

You shuffled through the countless people, all going to the same place yes, but for totally different reasons and motivations.

The line ahead was yet to budge, and seeing as you were stuck looking at the A seats, when your seat was a C seat, you quickly gave up shoving. It achieved nothing for you in the end anyways, so why bother?

B14. . .
B18. . .
C2. . .

A face of accomplishment showed on your clearly sleep-deprived face as your eyes glared over the row of C9. Although, another thing caught your eye, a male who seemed to be around your age, occupying the second seat in the row.

As much as you enjoyed meeting new people and making friends, especially at an age where it was harder to do so, you truly hoped you would be sitting by yourself today.

You had only brought along a backpack and another small carry-on as the majority of your clothing and belongings still resided in your hometown anyways.

"Hi!" You smiled towards the male, trying to hint that you had the window seat, without straight up saying it.

"Hi!" He replied, just as enthusiastically as he removed his chunky headphones from his ears and made way for you.

Upon sitting down, you overheard your seat neighbor's song blaring through his headphones, clearly too loud for his own ears, let alone yours who wanted nothing more than good sleep after your constant and hectic work schedule.

The music clearly wasn't going away any time soon, and now the male's hand tapping on his journal were contrasting with the music. You weren't one to complain about things such as this, but you figured sleep wouldn't be coming.

"Hey!" You lightly tapped on the man's shoulder, and were slightly taken away by his quick turn and attention shift towards you.

"Hi!" he responded as he gave a bright smile, half concealed by a mask. You wondered who would want to wear a mask in such conditions but it was his life who was she to judge something that wasn't harming anyone.

"I'm Y/N" You slightly bowed towards him and held out your hand which his gladly shook.

"I'm H- Soonyoung!" The slight hesitance in his voice confused you, but nevertheless, you dismissed it and continued on.

"What song are you listening too?" You asked, gesturing to his phone displaying a distorted album cover which you couldn't quite distinguish.

"no need to be formal! And i'm listening to um 'Spider' by Hoshi" His enthusiasm over sharing a song really intrigued you, and you had to admit that interacting with a person who had such energy as his was refreshing.

"Hoshi? I think one of my friends likes his music, maybe i should check it out one day" A warm smile was shot towards him as he shoved his phone in his pocket, and placed his headphones in his bag.

"Whatr you heading to Namyangu for?" He asked, curious.

"It was kinda short notice, but my brother needs help to watch over his toddlers for a week, but i thought i might as well take a month and a half off for a mental break- Sorry, am i oversharing?"

"No no! Your reason is much more interesting than mine" He scratched his nape in slight embarrassment and you chuckled at his mannerisms. You didn't know why, but it seemed easy to open up to him. Whether it was the vibe of the late sunrise or the 4 hours of sleep you were living off, it didn't really matter.

"Why's that" He paused to think for a moment after you asked, noticing the fumbling of his fingers. It was a millisecond, but in that moment, the sun shone on him in an angelic way, and it would be crazy if he wasn't some sort of model.

"This is just break time for me i guess" He giggled.

"Namyangu's my home town, so this is a long awaited visit too!" He gave you straight eye contact as he spoke.

"See~, your reason is special, just like everyone else on this train"

"You're too nice" He grinned as you chuckled in response.

From then on, he dived into a detailed story on his life growing up. While you never enjoyed oversharing, this time it seemed nice. He stopped to ask you questions, and understood if you couldn't look at him the whole time. It was nice.

. . .

"hey. . . y/n?" Your eyelids fluttered open, and you were met with the image of a smiling Soonyoung tapping your shoulder.

The early morning sunrise was replaced for a late sunset and as you looked at your surroundings, you noticed not a single soul on the modern and cozy train.

"wah!" Your eyes drifted from your bag to your new found best friend as his eyes were glued to the window.

"It's snowing!" His eye smile brought a smile on your face as well, and it was clear an energetic life of the party as himself was all you needed as motivation.

"let's go out then!" You smiled back at the excited male as he grabbed your free hand and dragged you to the train station with his own.

"wow. . ." It had been a decade or two since you had experienced such a sight, such a magical sight of the snow-filled winter in your hometown.

You suddenly felt something hit your back, and you turned back to see a giggling soonyoung with a snowball in his hand.

"oh you're going down!"

. . .

You once again giggled at his joke as you proceeded to take a sip of your hot chocolate. 

"Hey, Soon. . ." You started, already using your newly developed nickname for your friend.

"You snatched his phone from his loose hand and punched your number into the keypad before handing the phone back to a clueless Soonyoung.

"My brother's annoying me to head over, but there's my number. Call me up if you ever find yourself in need of a friend" You smiled and Soonyoung smiled back.

It was not everyday you met an energetic boy, your same age on the train, but you were glad that one day was today.