𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 | 𝘹.𝘮𝘩

"dude please, you can't just like. . ." you cried during sobs, practically breaking down on the dirty floor of the train station.

"no..no.. please don't do this too me... hao?" You said again, after being engulfed in the strongest hug by hao. 

You were currently at the train station, hugging Minghao, your boyfriend of 4 years, as if you would never see him again. And the truth was, you weren't sure if you would. 

The wind and  a few drops of rain blew through your tan trench coat, allowing the atmosphere to take hold of you and make you feel more into your emotions. 

Even the warmth of the hug from the love of your life wasn't enough, you couldn't accept the reality.

"listen . .  wwe can work this our right? . . .right? Please tell me i'm right" 

He responded by hugging you even harder. He himself even shedding tears. 

. . .

You had recently been threatened by your father, for your relationship. No matter how much you wanted to punch him, curse him out for his unnecessary hate towards your lover, the one time you tried, you got both yourself and hao into a larger mess. 

"you break up with him. Or else i'll make his life hell, and you if you disobey again. You very much know how i have connections, and i can afford to lose one of my daughters.

"curse you and your business, sacrificing your daughter's well-being and LIFE for YOUR work. Why even be my father?"

A hand slashed your face. The hand of your father.

"Don't touch her!" said a boy, running into the office of my father, who was on his way to ask for your father's blessing to take your hand in marriage.

Minghao.

"listen you little brats, especially you." He said pointing and making eye contact with hao

"you break up. Or you will both will suffer the consequences" he said, continuing to point at minghao, but now pointing at you as well.

Your father stormed out of the room, breaking you up from Minghao's protection by walking in between you both. 

You suddenly broke out crying the moment your father left the room, falling into Hao's warm arms and allowing all your stress to release through your tears. Minghao himself was about to cry, but stopped himself, attending to you, even though he too was an inch from breaking down.

"i'm sorry . . . this is all my fault" you muttered, so softly it almost sounded like you were going crazy. 

"listen . . ." he said while lifting up your chin.

"you have nothing to be sorry about princess . . . we'll figure this out, together" he said with a smile while looking you dead into the eyes.

Although eventually, Minghao caved in, wanting to protect his sacred treasure. 

You.

 He never intended to tell you about his departure, out of China, but after over hearing his call with his friend from South Korea, Mingyu ( you knew Korean and had heard about Hao's friend before ), you figured out what he was doing. But by the time you pieced together his plan for departure, he had already left to supposedly "talk a walk", so you sprinted. 

Sprinted as if it was the last time you would run. You weren't ready to lose yet another person close to you. You didn't even care about the hard rain, drenching your clothes as you ran. The only thing on your mind was him.

"he promised.." you repeatedly muttered to yourself, taking deep breaths in between syllables due to your weak stamina. You were already losing yourself little by little, and it just so happens the love of your life, the person you were going to get married to, the person you wished to build a family with, your soulmate, was going to leave you, just like everyone else was forced to.

So there you were, trying your hardest to convince Minghao to stay. But slowly growing tired and weak.

. . .

He grabbed your chin and gave you the deepest kiss. 

"i love you so much" were all the words he could muster up. His silky brown hair touching your face, and you knowing this would most likely be the last time you would ever experience this. 

The kiss was broken by Minghao and he looked you in the eyes while taking his scarf off himself. He slowly placed the scarf around your neck, which was still slightly damp from the rain. He then placed a ring in your hands. You looked up at him after his gesture. 

"so we'll always have a piece of each other" he said, mustering up a smile.

You then looked down at the ring, it was a ring you had during your high school days, that you treasured and had one day lost, it just so happens that it was yours and Minghao's matching rings, that you bought as a nice gesture, but they soon became sacred ever since you both started dating.

You immediately started sobbing even harder than you already were. 

'Train 127 heading for South Korea'
(A/N- ik there's probably no train that can take you this far but for the vibes of the story imma include it anyways.)

He pulled you in for the last hug you both would ever share. And left. Simply walking away, him too sobbing quietly. He took one last look at you, and turned towards the gate, forcing himself to continue forward, slowly breaking down mentally, and emotionally.

You stood in the spot he left you. Not sobbing, not speaking, just standing there.