Chapter 19

After the Yule Ball, the months seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. Between the stress of schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and making time with friends, it was hard to find a moment to just breathe.

Earlier this morning at breakfast, Harry had asked Hermione, Ron, and I to help try and find a solution to the message the egg had given him. The second task was only a few hours away now, so we needed to find it quick.

As I got ready to head to the library, I couldn't help but wonder what the second task would be. As the day crept closer toward it, I could feel a sense of doom approaching. Everytime I saw Cedric, it was like I could feel a sense of sadness and dread. I tried to push the feeling off and pretend it was just because I was his nervous girlfriend. But in the end, I knew that wasn't true; something was heading this way.

Shaking myself away from my thoughts, I quickly slipped on my favorite pair of jeans, a gray sweater, and a pair of shoes. I swiftly threw my curls into a messy bun, grabbed my bag and wand, and headed out the door.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I'm sure we can find a solution in one of these books, Harry," I explained, as he repeated the clue for what seemed like the hundreth time to Hermione, while Ron was sound asleep in one of the chairs. "Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry said annoyed.

"The Black Lake. That's obvious," Hermione stated, as she shook Ron awake. "An hour long you'll have to look," he continued, resting his head on one of the many books we've all looked through. "Obvious again," Hermione started. "Though, admittedly potentially problematic," she explained, as if it were nothing.

"Potentially problematic?" Harry asked sarcastically. "When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?" he asked, growing a little angry.

"Harry," I started, grabbing a chair and pulling it up next to him. "There's no need to grow flustered. The four of us will figure this out," I said, as I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Hate to break up the scholarly session," we heard a deep voice start. As we turned around, we noticed Professor Moody standing next to the bookshelves. "Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office," he finished, looking at all of us.

As we all began to pack up our items, he spoke again. "Not you Potter. Just Weasley, Granger, and Holloway," he finished, as he waited for us to gather our things and head to her office.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione tried, but he quickly cut her off. 

"Exactly. I'm sure Potter here is well prepared by now. Go, now!" he yelled. With that, the three of us scurried out of the library and began to head towards McGonagall's office.

"What do you think she could want with us?" Hermione asked, as we entered the office. "We couldn't have possibly done anything wrong, right?" I asked, but all I got in return was shrugs from both of them.

"There you all are," Professor McGonagall interrupted behind us, hurrying us into her office before she shut the door.

"Professor, have we done anything wrong?" Hermione asked worriedly, while Ron and I gathered behind her. I wasn't scared to get in trouble with my professors; I was more nervous at the fact that I had no clue what I could've gotten in trouble for. 

"No, no, Ms. Granger. In fact, none of you are in trouble," she smiled, although it didn't look too pleasant. "Although, I do want to let you know how very sorry I am to have to do this," she explained, while we all began to grow more worried.