Chapter 13

As I walked downstairs, I began to hear music blasting from the common room. The lights were dim, but I could still manage to see Theo from across the room. Making my way over to him, I squeezed myself between other students on the make shift dance floor, and eventually reached him.

"Surprised you actually made it down here. I thought you were going to stay in your room and pout all night," he smirked, wrapping one arm around my shoulders. "Maybe I should have. Might have been more fun," I said sarcastically.

As I looked around, I noticed a familiar face standing around, talking with a bunch of girls who seemed to be drooling over him. Quickly making eye contact, he excused himself from the group, and began to make his way over to me.

"Well, well, well," I started, now turning to face him. "If it isn't the famous Cedric Diggory at a Slytherin party."

"Lovely to see you too, Florence," he laughed. "I needed to get away for a bit. They were all begging me to dance with them."

"Don't tell me that THE Cedric Diggory doesn't like to dance," I said, pretending to be shocked. 

"No, no, I actually do. Do you?" he laughed.

"Don't know how," I explained.

"Well, let's put that to the test," he exclaimed as he grabbed my hand, leading me towards the dance floor. "I don't think you heard me. I can't dance," I tried again, but it was no use. He gently placed my left hand into his right, as he slowly gathered his left on my back, and began to sway back and forth to the music. 

Of course the song had changed to a slow one.

I immediately began to grow nervous, not because I was dancing with Cedric, but because there were glares being thrown my way from others. "Don't worry about them," he said, leaning down into my ear. "They're just jealous that I'm dancing with THE Florence Holloway," he smiled, now spinning me around.

"See? I knew you could dance," he gushed. Placing my head on his chest, I slowly started to enjoy myself. Cedric was always fun to be with, and I began to notice how happy I was with him around. He brought a new perspective on life, but maybe that's just because Hufflepuff's were always kind and loyal.

Suddenly, the music turned into something more upbeat and fun, so I quickly moved away from him and looked around. We were the only ones that were left on the dance floor.

"Thanks for the dance," I said, quickly turning away from him, now heading towards the drinks table. Once I arrived, I grabbed some punch and tried to calm myself down. I didn't know what I was feeling at this point. I couldn't tell if I was beginning to like Cedric more than a friend, or if I was just taking a liking into someone being so kind to me. I knew I didn't want to start a relationship right away, and I've never liked someone like Cedric before.

"Quite the show you put on there," someone said, bringing me out of my thoughts. Turning towards the voice, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Jealous, are we?" I laughed sarcastically. Scoffing, he began to pour himself a cup of punch. "Far from it," Draco sneered, now coming towards me and leaning against the wall.

"Well, maybe you should take your date out for spin," I suggested, but be just looked at me confused. "You know, Daphne?" I suggested, and he began to laugh, almost choking on his drink.

"Daphne and I would never happen," he exclaimed, disgusted at the fact I had even suggested it. "She follows me around like a lost puppy," he finished.

"I believe that's the one thing we can agree on," I laughed, looking up to see him smiling back at me. I felt my cheeks begin to glow red as he edged closer to me. I hated to admit it, but he was handsome. Everything from the way he dressed, to his features; even to the way he smelled, was absolutely perfect. Well, except his attitude of course. If he wasn't such an asshole, I wouldn't mind getting to know him better.