Chapter 37

The last week of school seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. My parents had tried to get me to come home early, however, I kindly declined them. Even though we had all been through hell this year, I still wanted to enjoy these last few days here at Hogwarts.

I had spent majority of my time with Pansy and the others, except Draco. I had felt a disconnect from him ever since the incident at the Ministry, and I couldn't quite grasp onto the idea of why. I thought it had something to do with his dad being there, but I knew it was something more.

"I'm going to go and bring our luggage to the front," Theo explained, as I began to fold a couple more sweaters and place them in my suitcase. "I'll meet you down there," I smiled, and he just offered me a kiss on my forehead, before he headed downstairs and out the common room door.

Just as I placed the last sweater in, I heard a knock at the door, although it was already open for anyone to come in. As I turned to see who it was, I couldn't help but feel my stomach turn a flip, once I realized it was Draco.

I watched as he scanned the room, almost as if he was resisting the urge to look me in the eyes. "Umm, you left this -- in the common room," he started, as he tapped his knuckles alongside a book. "I thought you might have wanted it back," he smiled awkwardly, before he offered it to me.

"Thanks," I said softly, as I placed it back onto my bookshelf. "Are you ready to be back home?" he asked, as he played with the knickknacks on my nightstand, still refusing to look me in the eyes. I just sighed as I closed the case and locked it, before placing it on the ground.

"I guess so," I started, as I sat on the bed and tried to look at him. "Are you?" I returned, and I watched as his body stiffened a little, before he took in a deep breath and sat beside me. "Not at all," he sighed, as he looked over at me. "My summers aren't exactly -- relaxing," he added.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I admitted, and he just shrugged his shoulders. There was a long silence that had passed, before I began to think about that night. I remembered how shocked I was to see Lucius there, even more so when I found out he was a Deatheater.

"Did you know?" I asked abruptly, shocked that the words had even came out of my mouth. "What do you mean?" he asked, confused. "Did you know your -- father -- was a Deatheater?" I asked, more hesitant this time.

His demeanor changed almost instantly at the mention of his father, but his head just drooped lowly, as he tried to find the right words to say. "I did," he confessed, and I just let out a sigh.

"But I didn't know he would be there. I would have tried to stop him if I knew what was going to happen to yo--" he scrambled, and I swiftly took his hand into mine and squeezed it tightly.

"Hey, I believe you," I interrupted, and he just offered me a look of sorrow.

"I don't want to end up like him, Flo," he admitted, causing my eyebrows to furrow out of confusion. "You won't, Draco. You're so much kinder and wiser than he is, even if you hate to admit it," I tried, but he just shook his head.

"Hey, look at me," I started, as I took my hand and turned his jaw, gently, to face me.

"I promise you. You are nothing like him, Draco," I added, and he just offered me a weak smile and a nod. I watched as he shook the thoughts that was roaming through his mind away, before he gathered off of the bed.

"Well, I believe the others have been waiting for us by the entrance hall?" he hinted, as he swiftly grabbed my luggage and walked towards the door. "After you," he smirked sarcastically, as he motioned for me to join him.

I sighed in defeat once I realized he was no longer willing to open up anymore than he already had, and decided to just let it go for the time being. With one last look around to see if I had forgotten anything, I turned and walked out my bedroom door, Draco following right behind me.