Chapter 36

"So weak," Voldemort started, as he looked back and forth between Bellatrix and Harry. "And here I thought you were capable of such things," he added, before he began to look around. As soon as his eyes landed on mine, my breath hitched at my throat, making it evident just how scared I was at this moment.

"Ahhh, Ms. Holloway," he snickered, as he glided over to me. I wanted to run, or pull out my wand for a fight, but my body wouldn't let me; I was in too much pain to run, and the fear that was coursing through my body had me frozen solid. 

"What about you, Florence? How about you give it a go?" he suggested, as he pushed me forward towards the both of them, but I wouldn't move. I just stared at him, thinking of all the different ways I could try to help Harry and I escape him. 

"Come on, Florence! You know the spell. Use it!" he demanded, as he gathered behind me and forced my hand with my wand in it, down at Bellatrix. I noticed her smirk a little, before she let out a sinister laugh. Within an instant, the fear that was once controlling my mind and body, suddenly disappeared and turned into a desire of revenge. 

I hesitantly took a step further, causing her smile to drop once she saw how serious I became. "That's it," Voldemort whispered, as he stepped aside to look as the scene in front of him. "Now say the spell," he taunted. 

I wouldn't even know where to begin, if I tried to explain all of the thoughts that were swarming throughout my mind at this moment. But all I wanted to do was cause her pain; so much so, that she would had wished she hadn't come tonight. I tried to bring my mind to other thoughts, but it was like I had no control over myself anymore; someone else was deciding things for me. 

Just as I raised my wand, I began to hear voices calling out to me. As I turned my attention towards them, I noticed Mattheo and Harry staring at me, both of them sharing worried looks on their face. 

"Florence, you don't have to do this," Mattheo spoke up, as he cautiously took a step towards me. I noticed Voldemort give him with a confused, yet disappointed look, before he turned his attention back to me. Just as he went to speak again, flames went up from one of the nearby fireplaces. 

Glancing over quickly, I noticed Dumbledore trailing out of it, before he let out a deep sigh. "Florence, do not show him weakness and allow him to bewitch your mind," he spoke calmly, given the situation at hand. 

As I listened to his words, my mind suddenly began to clear up from all of the harmful thoughts that was filling it. Turning back towards Bellatrix, I quickly drew back my wand, and stepped away from her. 

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom. The Aurors are on their way," Dumbledore stated in a serious manner, just as Mattheo made his way beside me. "By which time I shall be gone, and you -- shall be dead," Voldemort smirked back, just as he raised his wand, and sent a spell his way. 

"Look out!" Mattheo yelled, as he quickly pushed me into a section of two fireplaces, that helped block and protect us. "We need to get out of here," he tried to shout above the loud, zapping noises, that were now coming from both of the men's wands. 

Ignoring him, I quickly turned my attention to the battle happening in the middle of the room, just before the tiles on the walls began to shatter and fall down on top of us. 

"AHH!" I heard someone yell out, as the tiles began to fly in all different directions. As I looked over, I noticed Harry struggling to guard himself from the flying shards of glass, realizing he was now stuck in the middle of the battle. "He needs help!" I shouted over at Mattheo, as I pointed at Harry, but he just shook his head, as he placed his hand around my wrist. 

"Ugh, fine!" I groaned, before I broke free from his grip, and made my way across the room, Mattheo yelling for me to come back. Just before I arrived to Harry, I watched as Voldemort conjured up a spell that sent a giant, ball of fire that turned into a snake, down at Dumbledore. I instantly froze in the middle of the room, distracted by the two men struggling to throw spells at one another.