Chapter 26

I quickly sat up in bed holding a hand over my chest, as I tried to catch my breath. As I looked at the time, I noticed it was barely past 6:30. "Bad dream?" I heard Theo mumble, as he turned over and placed a hand on my leg, rubbing it back and forth.

"Yeah, but I'm fine," I lied, as I lifted myself off the bed and headed for the bathroom. Locking it, I quickly turned on the sink, hoping the splash of cold water would help settle my nerves. The nightmare had been about Cedric again, yet this time, all I could hear was the voice of Dolores Umbridge repeating, 'It's all your fault,' as his body continuously hit the ground.

The cold water helped to wake me up more, but the constant feeling of dread lingered above me like a stormy cloud, so I quickly tried to distract myself by getting ready for the day. Making myself look presentable always helped with my mood, so I decided to let my hair down, as well as put a little makeup on.

Walking back into my bedroom, I noticed Theo had left my room, probably to get dressed for the day. Locking my door, I swiftly walked over to my closet and settled on a green turtleneck, along with some jeans and my Converse. Grabbing my book bag, I headed out of my bedroom and down the stairs. 

I watched as other students began to leave, some talking with Theo and the rest of the lot by the couches, while others tended to themselves. "Morning Flo," Pansy smiled, as she got up from the couch and interlocked her arm with mine. "How's your hand?" she whispered, and I just shrugged. 

"Just sore, really," I repsonded as I pulled my sleeves down to hide it, leading us out the door. I watched as the guys followed after us, each one distracted by other conversations around them. As we walked into the Dining Hall, I was immediately met with a flustered Hermione. 

"Show me," she demanded, and I just looked at her confused. "She doesn't have to show you anything, you filthy mud-" Pansy hissed, but I quickly cut her off. "I'll meet you guys later," I insisted, and they all hesitantly walked off.

"Harry said she punished you too. It's completely outrageous," she explained, as she dragged me towards Ron and Ginny.

"Mione, I'd rather not talk about it," I clarified, as I began to make myself a cup of coffee, but she was persistent with the idea of telling Dumbledore about the whole situation. As I went to protest, I noticed Harry gathering closer towards us.

"May I join you all?" he asked, and as I went to say yes, we began to hear the high pitch voice of Umbridge, who seemed to be very distressed by something. "Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" she asked, and I quickly grabbed my things and got up from the table, making my way out of the Dining Hall.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," Professor McGonagall explained. I noticed Harry had joined me at my side, and I just sighed. 

"Think she will get in trouble?" I asked looking over at him, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"She's just trying to make this pathetic school better," I heard Vincent Crabbe scoff, which earned a few snickers from a few other Slytherins. I quickly turned around and glared at him, making sure he knew how stupid that idea sounded. "There are better ways to punish students, than to physically harm them you dick," I hissed, turning back around.

I could feel someone grab my hand and give it a light squeeze, before they gently began to graze their finger over my scar. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, too," Harry sighed, as he continued to hold my hand. I just let out a breath as I squeezed his hand back, looking back up towards the arguing on the stairs.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared, and I must take immediate action," Umbridge shouted, as she swiftly turned around and walked away. "Well, that couldn't have gone any better," Theo said sarcastically, as he joined Harry and I. As he turned towards me, I noticed his eyes travel down, along with his body tensing up from the sight of Harry and I holding hands. I quickly brushed his hand to the side, and scooted away from the scene.