Chapter 15

The next morning came with my usual routine. Get up, brush my teeth, make myself look presentable, and get dressed. I couldn't believe the weekend was already over with.

As I started to walk downstairs, I remembered last nights events. I couldn't believe I had gotten my first kiss, especially with a guy like Cedric. I wasn't sure how we were going to move on from it though. I didn't know if he was ready to make things public, or if we would keep things a secret for now until we were ready.

As I made my way into the common room, Pansy quickly made her way towards me, interlocking her arm with mine, and began talking about the new gossip that had been going around.

We began to make our way to the door, and I noticed the boys began to follow after us. I quickly turned around to Theo and offered a smile. He just simply winked and smiled back, continuing his conversation with Draco. I'm just glad we were on good terms after everything I said. I knew it wasn't right of me to bring up his father, but sometimes he needed a reality check; we all did.

As we gathered into the Dining Hall, I noticed Cedric starting towards me. "Good morning beautiful," he said, as he leaned down and placed a small kiss on my lips, and I just stood there shocked.

I was glad he was open about our relationship, but I found it awkward for my friends to find out this way instead of hearing the news from me. I began to become sweaty and nervous, butterflies filling my stomach by the second. Turning towards the group, I took in their expressions all at once.

Pansy and Blaise were both raising their eyebrows up and down rapidly; Theo looked surprisingly calm; he actually liked Cedric, so I guess he couldn't really complain; Draco on the other hand, looked absolutely disgusted; his body was tense and his hands were clenched.

"If you all don't mind, I was wondering if I could borrow Flo for breakfast," Cedric offered, breaking the awkwardness. "Of course you can," Pansy started. "Take your time, Diggory," she expressed, offering me a wink before she turned away, soon followed by Draco and Blaise. "I'll see you later Flo," Theo said before walking over to the Slytherin table.

"Come on. There's some people I want you to meet," Cedric explained, dragging me towards the Hufflepuff table. "Are you sure your friends are okay with a Slytherin sitting with them?" I asked, hesitantly following after him.

"Don't worry, Flora. They'll love you!"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Cedric's friends were all so polite. Most asked questions about me and what I liked to do, but there were occasional slips of asking about my parents and what it was like to be a Holloway. Cedric quickly shut them down, and I was thankful he did.

After breakfast, I saw Cedric off, and walked with my friends towards my classes. I quickly took a seat next to Harry; he looked so lonely these past few days without Hermione or Ron by his side.

After class, Harry and I accompanied each other as we talked about the first task. He explained how he wanted to give Cedric a head's up, and I explained to him where he liked to hang out before classes. When he told me the news about the first task being dragons, I felt my heart drop to my knees.

Dragons? Why on Earth would they put dragons as the first task?

As we began discussing different scenarios of what they would have to do with the beasts, someone had bumped into Harry on purpose, almost knocking him down. "You cheat Potter," the boy yelled.

"Hey! Call him that again and I'll-" I started, but I quickly stopped once I saw the button he was wearing. "Give me this," I hissed, as I ripped the button off of his robe.