Chapter 7

I don't know how I ended up back at my house. Everything was still a blur. 

Carefully opening my eyes, I began to realize I was in my room. The sun that shone through my windows was too bright, so I slowly got out of bed to close the curtains. I was still tired, but I felt like I had been asleep for days.

As I looked around the room, I began to ponder on the night before. Were my friends safe? Did Harry get the help he needed as well? I wondered if they were worried about me, or if they even knew I was okay. The questions that played over and over in my mind began to give me a headache, so I went to my bathroom to take a hot shower.

After my shower, I took my time getting dressed. I didn't feel like doing anything, and I was still feeling groggy. I noticed the house was quite chilly, so I threw on a white sweater and a pair of blue jeans. I just put my wet hair in a low bun; I didn't feel like messing with my curls today.

As I headed downstairs, I heard a familiar sweet voice humming from the day room. "Mum?" I called out. I began to walk a little faster, as I had missed her presence even more after the incidents that took place. As I rounded the corner, I noticed her setting up her most delectable blueberry scones; I even preferred them over Mrs. Weasley's muffins.

"Mum," I sighed in relief. I don't know what washed over me, but tears had formed in my eyes at the sight of her. "Oh Flora darling," she cried out, whilst embracing me with a tight hug. "Oh I'm so glad you're safe, my love." 

"Me too," I smiled. "I'm sorry if I ruined your trip. You didn't have to come back." 

I was secretly glad she did though. There's nothing stronger than my parents and I's relationship. I felt safe with them at all times.

"Oh, of course I did," she insisted, while pushing me back by the shoulders to look at me. "And do not fret, Flo. Once we heard about the incident, your father and I raced home as quickly as we could. You didn't spoil anything," she reassured. After another squeeze, she guided me to sit down, where there were already scones and a cup of coffee waiting for me. 

"Thank you," I smiled. As I began to eat, I heard footsteps approaching the day room. As I turned towards the entrance, I realized it was Theo. 

"Theo!" I exclaimed, as I jumped out of my seat and pulled him into a huge hug. "Nice to see you finally awake," Theo laughed, while walking towards the table for breakfast. I watched as my mother shot him a look, before she offered me a not so reassuring smile. 

"What do you mean by finally? I've only been asleep since last night haven't I?" I asked confused, as I followed him back to the table. I watched as him and my mother just exchanged a look.

"Florence dear," she began, as she reached for my hand, offering it a little squeeze. "After your father and I arrived home, you were in so much pain. I needed to heal your head, but you wouldn't even let me touch you. So, I had to put you into a deep sleep to complete the healing process," she explained. 

"So how long have I been asleep for?" I questioned. Surely it was only for a couple of days.

"About a week," answered Theo, as he took a sip of his coffee my mother had prepared for him as well. 

"A week?!" I shouted. I couldn't believe it. The attack on the camp felt like it was just yesterday. "Oh merlin's beard. What about the others? Are they safe? Do they know that I'm safe?" I asked frantically. 

"The others are sa-" my mother tried to reassure me, but Theo cut her off. "The others? The others could care less about you, Florence," he scoffed, placing his coffee mug back down a little too hard.

"What do you mean?" I asked with furrowed brows. "Florence, there have been no letters, no visitors, nothing," he groaned. He wasn't angry with me, but rather the others I considered to be my friends.