Chapter 28

The night had finally arrived. It was Halloween, my favorite holiday of the year. For the whole day, I decorated the common room, bedrooms, and made sure everything was perfect.

As I tried to tame my hair, Pansy burst through my door all flustered, cursing underneath her breath. "What happened?" I sighed, as I began to curl my hair a little; I had straightened it earlier so I could have nice curls for once, instead of crazy, frizzy ones.

"I lost the hat to my costume," she groaned, as she plopped herself onto my bed. I just laughed, as I turned around and walked over to her. "I'm pretty sure you can still look like a zombie nurse without the hat," I smiled, but she just sighed.

"Have you tried looking underneath your bed?" I teased, and she quickly sprung up from the bed. "Actually, no! I'll go look," she said excitedly, as she ran out the door.

"I was just --" I called out, but it was no use; she was long gone.

Once I finished my hair, I did some makeup that fit the look I was going for, and quickly got dressed. I had borrowed a black, lacy dress from Pansy earlier in the week, and to my luck, it fit like a glove. I made sure to dress it up with some accessories; a pearl necklace, earrings, and a large, pointy hat, that had black tulle draping down from it that matched my gloves.

As I began to put my gloves on, I could hear the music starting, as well as chatter from the crowd of people that was now swarming into the common room. Putting my boots on, I quickly checked the mirror to make sure everything was in place, when all of a sudden, everyone burst through my door.

"Holy shit. What have you done with Florence?" Blaise joked, as he walked over to me, took me by the hand, and twirled me around. "You like?" I gushed, and he just nodded his head yes rapidly.

"You look hot," Pansy complimented, and I just offered her a wink. "I see you found your hat," I smiled, and she just nodded happily. "And what are you?" I asked towards Mattheo. 

"I'm a vampire," he laughed, as he showed me his fake fangs, while taking the cape he was wearing and draped it under his eyes, trying to act mysterious. I couldn't help but laugh; he looked nothing like a vampire, apart from the pointy fangs. "Come here," I sighed, as I took his hand and dragged him towards my vanity. 

"What are you doing?" he groaned, as I grabbed his chin and began to whiten his face a little from some concealer and powder. "Making you look the part," I answered, as I quickly grabbed some red lipstick, dragging it down from his lips to mimic blood. 

"There," I smiled proudly, as I smudged the red a little. I noticed him staring at me, almost like he was in a trance, and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. I heard someone clear their throat, and I quickly realized that I was still touching Mattheo's lips. 

"Holy shit, Theo. You look great!" I shouted, as I left Mattheo and went over to examine his face. 

"I told you I would look cool," he smiled, as he glared over at Mattheo, before turning his attention on my outfit. "You look good, too," he breathed out, and I just turned around, offering him a 360 of my costume.

"I don't want to look good, Theo. I want to look sexy," I teased, and Pansy just took my hand and twirled me around. "And you did just that," she assured and I just smiled at her.

"Here you go everyone," Draco called out as he put a tray of shots on my desk. "Finally!" Pansy yelled, as she motioned for us to follow after her and take one the glasses. We all quickly obliged, tossing the burning liquid back.

"Ugh, I hate Fire Whiskey!" I gagged, my face scrunching up in disgust. As we put the glasses down, I noticed Mattheo looking me up and down. "Well, shall we join the party?" I asked, ignoring his stare.