Chapter 9

The welcoming banquet was just what I needed to get my spirits up. I was excited more than ever to start classes with Theo and the others. 

"That was truly one of the best dinners I've ever had," I beamed, as Theo and I began to head out of the Dining Hall. He was so ecstatic to show me around the castle, as well as our living quarters. 

As we were walking, I felt someone had placed a firm grip onto my arm. As I turned to look, I noticed it was Harry. "Oh hello, Harry. Need something?" I asked. 

I noticed the somewhat perplexed look he had on his face, as if he was nervous to ask me something. "Yeah. Um, could you come with me to the Gryffindor common room?"

"In case you haven't noticed Potter, she's in Slytherin," Theo spoke harshly, as he joined my side. 

"I'm just wanting to have a word with her. It shouldn't take long," Harry argued firmly. 

"I'm fine, Theo. Why don't you go back to the dormitory and you can give me a tour later? I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" Rolling his eyes, he turned and left down the long corridor. 

"Follow me please," Harry instructed. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

As we made our way towards the Gryffindor common room, I couldn't help but wonder what this was all about. Maybe they all just wanted to spend some time with me. As Harry entered the password to the painting, I quickly realized that this was no ordinary hangout session. Hermione, Ron, the twins, and even Ginny, were sitting with glum faces as I rounded the corner.

For a minute or two, there was complete silence. I felt uncomfortable, even around the lot. "Flo," Harry started, breaking the silence. "We just wanted to talk to you about the sorting ceremony." 

"What about it?" I questioned, as I took a seat on one of the chairs. I had a feeling I knew where this was heading, and I was most certainly not in the mood for it. I have heard the repulsive remarks they have made towards the Slytherin house and I have never tolerated it. 

"We think there's been some sort of mistake," Hermione explained. 

"Mistake?" I asked. "How could there have been a mistake?" 

"Flo, come on," Fred sighed. "You don't belong with those people. They're evil and cruel, and all they end up doing is going bad or even following after The Dark Lord." 

I just sat there. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My friends hated the individuals in my house, even if they did not truly know them. I'm starting to realize why Slytherin hates them now. 

"Maybe we can ask Dumbledore for a switch, or even to do it again privately," Hermione suggested, and everyone began to shake their heads in agreement. A strong wave of emotions quickly raided my body all at once. 

"No," I snapped, rising to my feet. "No, I'm not switching. The sorting hat put me in Slytherin for a reason. I belong there." 

"No, you don't Florence. You don't belong with evil," Fred explained. 

"Oh shut up!" I blurted out. "And in case you have forgotten, my dad was in Slytherin, and he's the most kindest man I have ever known." 

I was angry at this moment; I could feel my blood begin to boil, and I soon felt something that I never thought I would feel towards my greatest friends. Hatred.