Chapter 23

"I don't understand why I have to leave," I sighed, as I walked onto the bridge that crossed over between the neighborhoods and the market place. Theo and I loved to visit here as kids; we were always so curious to see what the muggles were selling. 

My mother and I had visited one of my favorite coffee shops in the market, and just as the day progressively got better, she had to ruin it with some upsetting news. "I already told you, Florence. It was Dumbledore's orders," my mother explained, as she placed a reassuring hand onto my shoulder, but I just shrugged it off, as I took a step away from her.

"Why does he need me? Didn't you say that Hermione and the Weasley's were there?" I asked, turning towards her with an annoyed look. She just offered me a smile, as well as a nod, before she began to speak again. "He needs you, Flo," she sighed, as she looked out at the scenery in front of us.

I knew she wasn't talking about Dumbledore; she was hinting at Harry. Apparently, Harry had used the Expecto Patronum spell, saving his cousin and himself from unexpected Dementors. But, due to him using underage magic, he was soon to be expelled from Hogwarts. "Does Theo know?" I asked, and I could tell she was hesitant to answer.

"We will make sure to tell him, I promise," she assured, and I just let out a big sigh. "Let's get going then," I huffed, annoyed that I was being dragged into all of this. I really did miss Harry, but I was scared for the unexpected.

Earlier in the months, I tried to send Harry a letter, as well as the others, but just as I went to find my owl, I noticed a letter sitting on my front doorstep. As I opened it, I read that it was from Dumbledore, instructing me not to write a letter to anyone, or open any letters that I may receive. I found it odd, but once I told my parents this news, they immediately made sure to follow his instructions.

As we walked down under the bridge, my mom instructed me to take her arm. As I interlocked my arm with hers, I quickly felt the wind from apparating. Once I felt my feet land safely onto the pavement, I opened my eyes to find us standing in front of two brick buildings.

"What is this?" I asked, turning towards my mom, but she quickly walked towards the building, muttering a spell that began to pull the two of them apart. I watched as the buildings seperated, the muggles in the other two not even phased by the magic. Her spell helped to reveal a much darker house, which looked like it had been vacant for years.

"Now Florence," she started, as she turned towards me. "Your stuff has already been transported here. If you have any trouble finding it, just ask Mrs. Weasley," she explained, as she grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" she whispered, almost too quietly. "Of course I do," I said, offering a smile, but seeing her eyes filll with tears, made me start to worry.

"I'll see you at Christmas?" she offered, just before she kissed my cheek and walked back towards the road. I just nodded my head, as I watched her dissapear into thin air.

I slowly turned back around towards the door, taking in a deep breath. Hesistantly, I reached for the doorknocker and knocked hard three times, as instructed by my mom earlier. I began to hear voices on the other side, whispering and arguing with each other. The door suddenly opened, a little too harshly, and I was soon met with a flustered Molly Weasley.

"Oh, thank heavens you made it Florence!" she smiled, as she motioned for me to come inside. "Lovely to see you, Mrs. Weasley," I smiled awkwardly, as I made my way into the long, dark and dusty hallway.

"Don't mind the mess," she laughed, as she embraced me with a hug. "Come along now."

As I walked with her into the kitchen, I noticed a whole crowd of people arguing at the table. I recognized Professor Lupin, Moody, and Mr. Weasley, but the other woman with bright, purple hair, I didn't know.