Chapter 31

The weeks seemed to pass by in the blink of eye. Before I knew it, Christmas morning came, and it was rather enjoyable. I had received beautiful gifts from my parents, as well as Theo. I tried my best to plaster on a smile for the day, but I couldn't help but worry about Harry and the others. 

All of the worrying made time pass by slower, but before I could calm down, it was already the 31st of December, and I had a ball to attend.

"Rise and shine!" my mother sing-songed, as she drew back my curtains. Instantly, bright light filled my room, causing me to let out a groan. "Mum, please. I just need five more minutes," I complained, but she wasn't having it. 

"Get up, now!" she demanded, pulling the covers off of my body, before leaving my room. "Could you at least grab me a jumper?" I asked out loud, and I immediately felt one being thrown on me. Opening my eyes, I recognized it to be Theo's. 

Turning towards my door, I noticed him standing there brushing his teeth with a smirk. "Good morning," he offered, but I just rolled my eyes, as I sat up and pulled the sweater over my head. I hated that I was using his, but the majority of mine were back at Hogwarts. 

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to refrain myself from smelling his sweater; his cologne was always so strong, leaving his scent on everything he wore, and it was annoying how good he smelt. 

"Your mum asked us to pick up a few last minute things from the village for tonight," he mumbled, before he spit his toothpaste out in my bathroom. "Does she really need both of us?" I asked, rolling up the sleeves so I wouldn't get water on it when I washed my face. 

"No, but I'm not letting you go alone," he shrugged, and I just scrunched my nose before splashing cold water on my face. 

"Hurry and get dressed. We need to be back in time for tonight," he expressed, before he set off to his room. Sighing out of defeat, I briskly got ready for the day. I quickly threw on a thick, white turtleneck I had luckily found in the back of my closet, a pair of leggings and jeans to go on top, and a thick, black trenchcoat. Putting on my gloves and some winter boots, I headed downstairs. 

"Make sure you keep her safe, Theodore. Apparate if you're in any kind of danger. We'll deal with the consequences later," I heard my father explain, just before I walked around the corner into the kitchen. 

"Ready?" I asked, startling both of them. 

"Yeah," he breathed out, before we both headed for the front door. "Flora darling," my mom called out, as she waved a list in the air. "Here. Everything should be ready when you get there. I called ahead," she smiled, before placing a kiss on both of our cheek's. "Be safe and stay close to Theo," she warned, before opening the front door for us. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A few minutes had passed, before he tried to start a conversation with me. "Have you heard anything else about attending Hogwarts next term?" he asked, but I just ignored him. I wasn't really in the mood to talk, especially about whether or not I was to attend Hogwarts after the break. 

"Florence, please," he sighed, pulling at my arm. "You can't ignore me forever," he complained, and I let out an annoyed sigh. "What do you want me to say, Theo? That you know more about my life than I do? That I'm miserable because I can no longer make my own decisions anymore?" I yelled out, and his face turned into a look of sorrow. 

"Oh, don't give me that look," I scoffed, trying to walk away from him, but he quickly pulled me back. "Listen, I'm sorry I told your parents, Florence, I really am. But what would you do if you saw me on the floor begging for the pain to stop? Screaming for everything to end?" he cried out, and I just stood there. 

In The Next Life - Theodore Nott FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara