Chapter 3

"So Flora," Harry started. "Are you excited to be attending Hogwarts for school this year?"

"Why of course! I've only begged my parents for years on end to go," I blurted out. "But, I'm mainly nervous though. I feel awkward to just now be joining the school. I mean, students have already made friends, and the Professors have an idea of who their students are so far. Plus, I doubt my reputation at Beauxbatons will make a great first impression for others," I grumbled.

"Oh please! By the time you arrive at Hogwarts, I'm pretty sure Beauxbatons won't be the only questions you get asked about," Hermione laughed.

I quickly looked over to her, confusion spreading across my face. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"You don't know, do you?" Fred added. I just shrugged my shoulders and shook my head no. I despised it when others knew something I didn't, especially if the topic was about my family and I. "Should I be concerned?"

"No. Although, you may not enjoy it," Hermione started. "Word has already been brought to the papers about you attending Hogwarts, thanks to Rita Skeeter."

Rita Skeeter. If there was anyone to get the latest gossip, or any other news out to the Wizarding World, it was her. She was the nosiest little witch you would ever meet. Not only did she tend to spread lies into her stories, but she was also known for twisting and turning your words in any interview.

"But don't worry, Flo. She actually said some lovely things about you," Harry expressed. He must have seen the disgusted face I was making, otherwise he would have told me the full story about what she really stated in her writing.

"Well that's just great," I sighed. "All I wanted was the chance to be myself around other students at Hogwarts. Now, all they'll see is the family name above my head," I complained.

I hated when other witches and wizards saw me as just another member of the Holloway family tree. I wanted them to see Florence, not just my last name. Nobody ever asked what I liked to do, or how I was feeling. And if they ever did, it was always just another scheme to get closer to knowing more about my parents.

Sure, I love my parents; they have always been good to me. But sometimes I wish that their fame washed away from me.

"I'm sure it won't be too bad Flora darling," Mrs. Weasley assured. "Other's will soon see how special you really are, and not because you are another Holloway." I just gave a simple nod, still worried what school had in store for me now.

"Okay enough with the moping. Let's go have some fun," Fred said excitedly. With a nod and a quick smile to express I was ready for an adventure, everyone finished their plates, and placed them in the sink. Once everyone gathered their shoes and a jumper, we set off to our favorite place.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It still feels like yesterday since we came up with the idea to see who could climb the fastest up the tree; it had been our summer tradition. Whoever won got major bragging rights, and if you knew my friends, then you would know how extemely competitive they are. None of us liked to lose, so as soon as we made it out the front door, we all began sprinting towards the pond like our lives depended on it.

Fred and I were the main one's who ended up at the tree first. With a quick glance my way, I saw the infamous smirk he was giving me, and with a quick shove, I fell to the ground. "Hey! You are such a bloody cheater," I yelled out.

"Oh come on now Flo. We all know how terrible it would be for you to receive bragging rights for the rest of summer," he laughed out. "Oh I'll get you, you little weasel," I exclaimed. And with that, I started to climb up the tree.