Chapter 11

"Are you sure the skirt is supposed to be this short?" I asked Pansy, as I tried to pull it down further than she would allow me. "Of course not. But we look way hotter if we keep it like this," she winked, as she started to pull my skirt back up. "Now come on. The boys are waiting for us." 

Taking another nervous look in the mirror, I grabbed my book bag and my wand, before heading downstairs with Pansy. 

Interlocking our arms together, we went straight out the common room door, while the boys simply followed after us. We were all engaged in our own conversations, but eventually we all had to split off for our first class. Theo, Pansy, and Blaise all had a different class then I did. 

Luckily, I had Draco in my class, but we weren't close. I don't even think he considered me as a friend; it's like he didn't even remember the night he helped me.

Walking into the classroom, I quickly froze. There they were; Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all standing up front, talking with one another. Of course they put Slytherin and Gryffindor in the same classes. It's almost like Hogwarts wanted to create an even more tension between the two houses.

Glancing my way, I instantly made eye contact with Harry. I quickly looked away, as I began to wonder around the room to try and find a seat. Noticing Draco sitting on the table up front, I began to walk up to the empty seat next to him.

"Is anyone sitting there?" I asked, stopping beside his table. Looking at me, he began to smirk. 

"Feeling left out since Potter isn't your friend anymore?" he scoffed, laughing with some other students from Slytherin. I couldn't help but stand there with a confused look on my face. 

As I began to speak, a girl with long, blonde hair bumped into me, resting her arm on his shoulder. "This seat's taken love. But I'm sure the mudblood over there wouldn't mind sitting next to you," she laughed out, as well as the others around her. 

A sudden rage came over me, as I swiftly grabbed my wand and held it under the girl's chin. "Don't you dare call her that again. She's a much better witch than you will ever be!" I shouted angrily, digging my wand deeper under her chin, causing her to drive her head higher and higher.

The laughter quickly stopped as the girl began to cry out for help. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand on my forearm. "She was just joking, Holloway," Draco said cautiously, as he began to bring my arm down. 

Staring into his eyes, I could have sworn I saw a hint of regret in them. But this was Draco Malfoy; he could never be sympathetic.

Jerking my arm away from his, I hurried out of the classroom. I didn't care that I was missing my first class of the school year; I would deal with the consequences later. I just couldn't stand to be in there anymore.

I don't know why, but the things people said were starting to get to me. I would usually keep my emotions to myself, but all I have wanted to do lately is hex anyone that said anything nasty to me or my friends. Whatever this feeling was, I didn't like it.

Once I left the classroom, I found a nearby bench outside in the courtyard where students liked to gather in between or after classes. I felt tears begin to form, and eventually, they began to trickle down one by one. I missed my friends. I just wanted everything to go back to normal.

"Florence?" I heard, interrupting my thoughts. Looking up, I noticed Cedric standing there with a worried look on his face. 

"Oh hi, Ced," I started, as I quickly stood up and turned away, wiping my tear stained face as fast as I could. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I have an off period. I haven't found anything to fill it up yet, but that doesn't matter. What's wrong?" he asked, whilst trying to take a better look at me, but I quickly turned again while gathering my bag and throwing it on my shoulder.