Chapter 16

"You have no room to talk, Flo," Pansy started as soon as we made it into the common room from classes. It had been a couple of weeks since the first task, and everything seemed to be going fine. Classes were regular, Harry and Ron finally made up, which made it so much easier to hang out with them now, and Cedric and I were growing closer.

"They barely just mentioned there was a dance, and half the guys here are already jumping at you to ask," she complained, plopping herself face down onto my bed as soon as we walked in the room. 

"Nobody has asked me for a while, Pansy," I tried to reassure her, although it wasn't true. Some guy from Durmstrang showed up at the common room door trying to ask me to the dance, but I made Blaise tell him no for me. Another boy from Ravenclaw tried asking yesterday during class, but I politely shut him down. I was surprised I was being asked at all; I thought everyone knew about Cedric and I.

"Give it time. Boys are weird and awkward when it comes to things like this," I said, settling next to her on my bed. 

"Hey Flo?" I heard Theo ask, as he began to walk up the stairs. 

"Someone brought these by for you, but I told him to get lost," he explained, as he walked in and set down a bouquet of red roses down on top of my dresser, while Pansy propped herself up off the bed, looking to see what he had brought in. 

"You've got to be kidding me," she shouted, as she hurried over to the roses and gave me an annoyed look. "Hey, don't blame me!" I laughed out. "You can have them if you'd like."

"Thanks," is all she mumbled before leaving the room with the vase of flowers. Theo and I couldn't help but laugh at the poor girl. I tried to reassure her earlier in the week that even if I had a date to this stupid dance, I wouldn't let her be alone. But, she has been insistent that she gets asked. "So, who are you taking to the dance?" I teased, looking over at Theo. 

"Well, I was going to ask you, but I figured you would be going with Diggory," he explained, as he walked over and sat next to me on the bed. 

"That's if he ever asks," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"I was actually -- thinking -- of taking Daphne," he said hesitantly. I quickly looked over to him, raising by eyebrows up in confusion. "She's been desperately hinting about it for two weeks now, and I figured, why not? She's pretty decent."

"I don't know if decent is the right word to use for her," I started, which earned a laugh from him. "But, whatever you're happy with, I will be too," I smiled, ruffling up his hair. 

"Have you picked out your dress yet?" he asked, laying down.

"Ugh, don't remind me," I groaned, laying down beside him. "My mother has been non stop with letters of all the dresses she thinks I would like. She keeps trying to put me in these extravagant ballgowns, but I keep reminding her that this a school dance, not one of her holiday parties." 

Theo just laughed, as he turned onto his side, looking over at me. "Do you know what you're going to wear?" I asked, turning onto my side as well. "A simple tux and a fake smile," he said, as he pushed a strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Promise to save me a dance?" I asked.

"Of course," he stated. "I'll save the best one for last."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"This is mad," Ron started, causing me to look up from my assignment. I decided to join the lot for study hall, although I couldn't get much done when I was sat between Fred and George. "At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates," he added, causing Snape to give him a shove to the head for talking. "Ow!"