Martyr

Chapter Ninety-Two~ Martyr

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•

"Aegon, we need to speak." Rhaella smiled when she walked back into the hall. "Alone." She said to every face in the room, she trusted none of them. They were all quick to betray one monarch, it would be no different for another.

"Leave me speak with the princess!" Aegon shouted, and soon enough it was the king and his sister left alone in the hall. "Where is Aemond?" Aegon questioned, slumping back into his chair.

"He is dead." Rhaella told him, watching as his brows drew closer together. "Helaena and Daeron are dead." Aegon shook his head. "All of our children too, all except Jaehaera."

"It cannot be!" The King shouted, throwing his sword to the floor, the metal crashed against the stone with an echo rumbling through the air. "It cannot be." He said quieter. "What are we to do now?" He said turning his gaze to Sunfyre.

The beast has died on the morrow, the golden beast finally gave into his wounds that had began a while ago, and he died curled into the position he had fallen asleep in.
Aegon had cried all day, only Rhaella had been able to calm him.

"Forgive me for the intrusion My king and lady princess but I've a suggestion." There came that skin crawling voice from the shadows. "You need a new Dragon, and a new wife."

Rhaella turned to the man then, shocked at his nerve, to openly interfere with matters only for Targaryens. "My lord, I do not like where this is going."

"Let him speak sister!" Aegon's voice was sharp.

Larys bowed his head. "The Dragon Silverwing resides just a few miles away on a small island of rock." Larys said. "And you've a young healthy Princess of your own Targaryen blood to take to wife right here."

Rhaella was furious.

Larys strong needed to count his days. because he seemed insistent on wasting them every time he opened his mouth.

"I would not insult by brother in that way." Aegon sighed. "And To wed a widow, especially as one as crazed as my breathtakingly beautiful sister, is not a life I wish to subject myself to." He said. "The only man who was suited to her and she him is gone."
Rhaella hung her head, and she shut her eyes tightly to keep the tears locked away. "And in any case of a new bonded beast, I need a stronger one, the pretty Dragon of my great grandmother is not suited for a king."

Rhaella clicked her tounge, "While I agree you need a strong Dragon, your grace, I must remind you that Queen Alysanne progressed many times in place of her husband, when he was unable."

Aegon smirked. "I have not missed that wit."

Rhaella sent him her own. "I'm sure you haven't." She retorted.
"Lord Borros has four daughters, three of Marrying age, two of them quite pretty." She told him. "Send word that in return for his undying support you will wed his daughter, one alliance was broken between my eldest boy and his youngest daughter without an answer as to why, I believe that may be an answer to his silence during this war."

Aegon sighed. "My late wife, was not pretty." He told her. "She was ethereal." His memory drifted to Helaena. "And though I did not treat her with the respect I know she deserves, she gave me three beautiful children." He looked at Rhaella. "I do not want to marry a woman with muddy hair and muddy eyes, and judging by her father, plainly featured."

Rhaella bit back a laugh. "Then you are met with a choice Aegon." She said. "Call for a new lady wife, or name Rhaynera's son your heir."
Rhaella could end all of this with the news that her children were still alive, but their time had not yet come.
Other things needed to draw out future events.

Aegon remained silent to her statement. "I want to go home, to mother."

"Your grace, there are complications with your wishes." Larys informed, drawing closer to the main seat. "Alyn Velaryon was given dominion of Driftmark, he controls the tides."

"And your point?" Aegon sighed.

"My lord he was given his title from Rhaynera." Larys mumbled.

"Fucking bitch." Aegon said, shaking his head.

Rhaella could spot his anger. "Aegon I believe,

"Bring me Baela." Aegon silenced his sister. "Bring her here now, and the last black son, bring them."

Strong left then, presumably to locate some guards to fetch the young royals.

"Aegon, many will see these children as Martyrs, they are seeds of to dead heirs to the iron throne, and I believe you have misjudged the amount of support you have, they capitol turned on Rhaynera, yes, but they did not turn to you." Rhaella rushed out before the court was called to order.

"They are a threat either way, if I kill the boy, then what's go stop Daemon's daughter leaving to marry and giving the realm more heirs from the blacks." Aegon replied. "She is my way across the waters, and If she proves to be of no use then killing her will not matter."

The doors flew open, and Baela Targaryen was pushed into the hall, her younger brother clinging to her skirts.

"The Lady Baela, and prince Aegon." Larys announced. "Presented at your majesty's pleasure."

Aegon Leant forward on his seat. "Lady Baela, tell me, what do your know of your bastard cousin Alyn Velaryon?"

Baela scoffed. "I know he is what is between you and your home, I know he controls the tides in my Grandfathers place, I know he is twice the man you will ever be."

Gasps we're heard throughout the hall, and Rhaella fisted her hand, she had the urge to strangle her cousin. Her cheek was going to fuck everything up, if they executed her then fate would shift and all of this, every crime Rhaella had committed would have been for nothing.

"Your grace, the lady is mourning we cannot let her anger dictate your hand." She said her voice laced with flattery. "Send word to Adam Velaryon, threaten him with empty words, he does not yet know this life, if he cares anything for the legacy he now controls he will listen to you."

Aegon was too tired to argue. He had planned of making the two remaining blacks an example, but he was in no fit state to argue with Rhaella.

Not that he would win anyway.

"You speak for them, then you can care for them." Aegon sighed. "They will be your wards until it pleases me."

Rhaella did not enjoy playing games with the gods, but it seemed they enjoyed torturing her.

She was responsible for the deaths of Daemon and Rhaynera, and now she had to look upon their children every day.

"As you wish my King." Rhaella bowed.

"Now of the issue of the black supporters." Aegon said. waving his hand at Larys strong.

"The Vale of Arryn has declared war on your rule your grace, the north, notably house Stark, too are marching to the capital." Larys said before his eyes drifted to Rhaella. "The only person with the means to end this is the Princess, your grace. She rides the biggest Dragon in the world now, and it is with fire you will end this."

Normally Rhaella would make a show of objecting this she did not wish to take part in.

But her attention has been captured as soon as the name Stark was mentioned.

"I will go in the stead of My king." Rhaella said bowing to Aegon.

"Leave Stark to me."

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•