Dreadful Surprise

Chapter one- Dreadful Surprise

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Rhaella stood watching her nephew Jacaerys in yet another one of his dragon lessons.

Aegon had dragged her from her slumber, telling her about a joke. She had not been listening still rubbing sleep from her eyes as she pulled on her training dress.

Now she stood here watching as Jacaerys ordered his dragon to roast the prey provided for it.
As the animal burned she turned her head to her other brother. Aemond watched intently as the keepers took the dragon back down the slope.

"Aemond, we've a surprise for you." Aegon grinned placing his hands on his brothers shoulders.

Aemond knew how his brother liked to tease so he took the idea of this 'suprise' with a step of caution. "What is it?"

Rhaella watched curiously noticing the mischievous looks Aegon exchanged with his cousins.

"Something very special." Lucerys giggled, scurrying toward the depths of the pit with a widened grin.

Rhaella wasn't planning on following them, she knew this would all end in tears. But Aegon grabbed her hand and pulled her along with them.

"You're the only one of us without a dragon.
Aegon sighed. "And we felt bad about it, so we found you one."

Aemond rolled his eyes, this was another attempt at a jest from his brother. "A dragon?" He knew better, but curiosity is a way of learning for a young boy, "How?" But he should of already learnt this lesson by now.

"The gods provide." Aegon smirked just as Lucerys returned from below with a very fat, very pink, pig, dressed in wings with a tail attached. "Behold the pink dread!" Aegon jeered their nephews joining in. "Be sure that you mount her carefully, first flight is always rough." He snorted in his brothers ear before turning toward the exit.

Rhaella felt a small burst of anger in her heart as she watched the three boys walk past, she didn't miss the way Aegons eyes lingered on her for a second too long.

"Aemond." She attempted to comfort him, but he ignored her and walked in the opposite direction, she suspected he was headed to the Archives, he was always reading up on the history of the dragon.

Still feeling the anger in her she stormed off to find her eldest brother.

•~•

"Aegon!" She shouted when she saw him.

Aegon could sense her wrath and he told his nephews to go on ahead while he spoke with his sister. 

"Do you care to explain what that was all about?" She demanded an answer from him.

Her being only ten years, Aegon was almost five years older than her, but she did not care how much older her brother was she would still scold him if she felt it
necessary.

Aegon laughed. "It was a mere joke sister."

"Yes because it was just so fucking hilarious wasn't it?" She scoffed.

Before she could process what was happening she felt a sting on her left cheek.

"You will watch your tongue when you speak to me." Aegon seethed at his sister, his attempt to ground her to submission proved failure though when she turned and laughed in his face.

"Bastard." she mumbled just as he'd turned away. 

He turned again then quickly roughly snatching her jaw and pushing her back against the stone wall.
"I will not warn you again sister." He forced her face to look at him in the eyes, purple daring purple. But as though he had been in a trance he released her jaw, but kept her in place. "I wouldn't want to mark this pretty face of yours just because of your ugly tongue?" He ran a finger down her cheek, before placing a kiss atop of her head and walked away.

She'd noticed now how quickly Aegon could switch. He would take a blade through his heart for you in one beat of a war song and then use the same blade to pierce yours the very next.

But Rhaella always had a blade of her own hidden ready to strike when the moment was right. She may sometimes forgive the actions of those around her. But she would never forget.

And this just would not do.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Burn me • Aemond TargaryenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara